4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Vortech update

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:39 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

Default Vortech update

started the install on the vortech today.
1st issue we ran into was that we were missing a pulley, lucky for us Advanced had the part.
2nd was we were missing various hoses etc. again lucky for us we have a great place called Amazon hose down the road so we had alot custom made

as for the build today we got the blower and all the vacuum lines installed along with injectors and spark plugs and we dropped the fuel tank

tomorrow we will install the aviator fuel pump, finish routing the meth injection and hooking it up, tap the oil pan and hook up the boost and wideband gauge.

started her up today and she turned over just fine loved the sound of the whistle.
question though... were are people connecting there mechanical boost gauges too?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:38 PM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

I think I hooked my boost gauge into a vacum line on the fuel rail if I remember right. Good luck with everything!
Old 11-24-2010, 09:15 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Mine is T'd into the vacuum lines in front of the plenum, but I would have to look when I got home to how I did it. My memory is on par with your typical gold fish...
Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 AM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the replys guys hopefully I'll find a good place to tap it into today I'll look at both spots
Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rman101
Thanks for the replys guys hopefully I'll find a good place to tap it into today I'll look at both spots
If not... just post back in this thread tonight and I'll try to remember to take a look.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

When I deleted my PCV system I plugged my boost gauge into the port on the plenum where normally you run the hose from your passenger side valve cover to your plenum.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 AM
01MGGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kerns
When I deleted my PCV system I plugged my boost gauge into the port on the plenum where normally you run the hose from your passenger side valve cover to your plenum.
Does deleting the pcv help much on a setup like mine? How easy and cheap is it to do? I would like to do it to clean up the engine bay. And my inlet pipe that goes on the front of the blower, those vacume lines have to run across the discharge pipe. I can't rotate down the inlet pipe to clean it up because it rests on the damn radiator neck
Old 11-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01MGGT
Does deleting the pcv help much on a setup like mine? How easy and cheap is it to do? I would like to do it to clean up the engine bay. And my inlet pipe that goes on the front of the blower, those vacume lines have to run across the discharge pipe. I can't rotate down the inlet pipe to clean it up because it rests on the damn radiator neck
It doesn't really help or hurt anything. I mainly got rid of mine because with the excess draw/boost of the 2 pipes you end up bleeding off a very minimal amount of boost into your passenger side valve cover and you end up pulling a very minimal amount of oil out of your drivers side valve cover which puts oil residue in your intake and piping. I just plugged my passenger side valve cover PCV and put a breather oil cap on and then put a breather K&N filter on the drivers side valve cover. Its pretty simple.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:23 PM
rman101
2nd Gear Member

hmm. kerns i might look into doing that to mine as well

Todays updates:
friend was sick so we didn't do as much as we would have liked but we still made progress

1- the fuel tank was dropped yesterday so today i spent the majority of the time changing the pump, the 04 aviator fuel pump went in without a problem.
2- we couldn't find a nut to tap the meth injection nozzle to so we machined one and welded it to my custom intake tube (kit didn't come with one so we made one not mandrel bent but it'll do the job)
3- ran the meth lines to the back of the car
4- didn't realize to tap the oil pan we didn't have to drop it and do a sandwich but the oil tap will come tomorrow

now for tomorrow we have the gauges to wire up and install (boost and wide band), tap the oil pan, wire the electric stuff for the meth system, and clean up!
will call the tuner tonight or tomorrow to set up an appointment for ,if not this weekend, next week.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM
demighost
2nd Gear Member

For those who have already installed their blower and to OP could you post a pic of where and how you ahve your boost gauge installed? In theory and vacuum after the TB would work correct?

Quick Reply: Vortech update