4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Let the flaming begin!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:49 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Wink Let the flaming begin!!!

So I know this post is going to lead to banning from all the flaming that will happen - but that's what this forum needs!!

Haha, I'm just kidding - I hope it doesn't come to that. Although I do expect some flaming for the work I did to my interior. See the pictures to follow. I added a 12' sub right to the middle, between the new racing seats. The amp sits above it. I made a custom rear seat enclosure type thing. Was supposed to look like a rock that was carved to fit. Kinda works. Not sure I'm in love with it - but it's different and that was the point - do something I haven't seen yet.

The racing seats are the LG1's. I love them. They have 4 point harness to go with and the harness bar installed. I also went from the camel interior to a lower half black, upper half gray interior. It has new black carpet, and a bunch of custom leather accessories from redlinegoods.com. I have the armest cover, ebrake boot, and shift boot, plus door panel covers - all in charcoal leather with orange stitching and orange carbon fiber vinyl accents.

Overall, it is now a custom interior! Leave your comments - positive or negative - you guys know I can handle it!! haha.

EDIT: I hid a couple LED's in the sub grille. Here's a picture kinda showing that. Forgot about this, haha.

Last edited by bopiela; 03-20-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

whats going on with that rear deck? I like how the chin spoiler is meshed in. Like it be different
Old 03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

I liket he seats and the armrest cover. The sub and amp look good too...idk about the top part by the rear glass...not really my cup of tea but the rest looks great! Very custom!

If you don't win some shows....ill be pissed! haha You've done an amazing job on this car!
Old 03-20-2011, 12:59 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
whats going on with that rear deck? I like how the chin spoiler is meshed in. Like it be different
Tried for a 'chiseled rock' look... Not sure I got it as well as I wanted...

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
I liket he seats and the armrest cover. The sub and amp look good too...idk about the top part by the rear glass...not really my cup of tea but the rest looks great! Very custom!

If you don't win some shows....ill be pissed! haha You've done an amazing job on this car!

Appreciate it man!! I hope to get a win or two - would be awesome, lol. And yeah, I know what you're saying about the 'rest' haha.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 PM
Fleet99GT
1st Gear Member

Very original buddy, looks good to me but you drive it every day so ultimatly its your call. Keep it up man!
Old 03-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

You do alot of diff stuff with this car, refreshing. I'm always a fan of 4 point harnesses. I think the orange could afford to be less bright and more subtle. Not a fan at all of sound systems that big, let alone in a Mustang. Unless you have LTs or something, but even that system is too much. But I understand some guys like it. Weird look you got goin on up there ontop of the back seat haha.

Speaking of 4 Point harnesses. Hoss if you see this. Does a 4 point harness realistically protect you better? Is it actually going to save me in an incident that the "stocker" seat belt wouldnt have?
Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hangwire
You do alot of diff stuff with this car, refreshing. I'm always a fan of 4 point harnesses. I think the orange could afford to be less bright and more subtle. Not a fan at all of sound systems that big, let alone in a Mustang. Unless you have LTs or something, but even that system is too much. But I understand some guys like it. Weird look you got goin on up there ontop of the back seat haha
Thanks man. In terms of the sound system, I don't use it much - was more of a 'what can I do' thing, or showing what I can do I guess. I use it sometimes, but the sound of my car is better than the sound system, haha
Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

are the stripes on the car orange or red? if they're orange then everything looks good, if they're red then i think the interior accents should of been red to match, but it still doesn't look bad at all. I love those seats! and got any more pics of the newer wheels on the car? those look good too.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
are the stripes on the car orange or red? if they're orange then everything looks good, if they're red then i think the interior accents should of been red to match, but it still doesn't look bad at all. I love those seats! and got any more pics of the newer wheels on the car? those look good too.
stripes are orange on car! i woulda done red if that was the outside stripe, lol
Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 PM
AYEOH5.0
3rd Gear Member

The lip molded in looks AWESOME! and i love the seats, the color combo looks great. I love the whole interior except the whole "chiseled" look.

Quick Reply: Let the flaming begin!!!