4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

why is it when i just cruise people then want to race?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 08:50 PM
stangcoupe1970
2nd Gear Member

I just enjoy my car, I know what I have under the hood and what I can and cannot beat, why prove it and get a ticket?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

I'm not going to encourage you to race because you have your reasons understandably, but i race occasionally. Anyways, my dad has an 08 cobra with 804 hp, 670 at the reaer wheels and sounds like a racecar, seriously, but whenever he has people trying to race him he'll just cruise for a few minutes until he finally gets tired of it and then finally blows their doors off. ferraris, corvettes, all the way down to piece of crap trucks and cars that barely run. People are curious and some are just retarded so my advice to you is just try to ignore them and if it gets the best of you, hopefully you blow their doors off and maybe they'll realize that they are the patheic one without the awesome mustang
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 7gtthrilla
I'm not going to encourage you to race because you have your reasons understandably, but i race occasionally. Anyways, my dad has an 08 cobra with 804 hp, 670 at the reaer wheels and sounds like a racecar, seriously, but whenever he has people trying to race him he'll just cruise for a few minutes until he finally gets tired of it and then finally blows their doors off. ferraris, corvettes, all the way down to piece of crap trucks and cars that barely run. People are curious and some are just retarded so my advice to you is just try to ignore them and if it gets the best of you, hopefully you blow their doors off and maybe they'll realize that they are the patheic one without the awesome mustang
just curious where you got your dads 804 hp number from? Just did the math and guessed or did he have the motor built & put on an engine dyno?

Just curious lots of variables in parasitic loss like the 2 piece driveshaft ( which being at 670 Whp guessing its gone? )
Old 04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

08 Cobra? you mean Shelby
Old 04-11-2011, 10:25 PM
darkstarnes
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Often times it has to do with the aggressiveness in which you drive. My exhaust is pretty loud and I have 4.10's so theres two reasons I shift at 2k rpm. I do 60 on the highway. I'm usually the slowest guy around. I pretty much drive like gramps 90% of the time.

I have however had worthy opponents on the road wanna toy around. I'll only bite if I think I'll lose! Hah I usually surprise myself. SRT8's are worthy adversaries but they feel the snake bite. I had a new (looking) Lexus ISF wanna play one time. I literally blew his doors off from a light getting on the highway. They we tried from a highway speed and he ate my car up!!! hahaha Fun times.
OMG I have never seen that... did you guys exchange insurance info?? LOL...
but seriously.. I don't get that at all... but my friend with his red GT gets that a lot... I guess it is because of the color...
Old 04-11-2011, 10:26 PM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

i think something somone is not thinking about is that some people try to take on way faster cars just to see them GO not everyone is blindly ignorant of the fact there slower
Old 04-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ward_spratlin
i think something somone is not thinking about is that some people try to take on way faster cars just to see them GO not everyone is blindly ignorant of the fact there slower
+1 multiple times in my gf's car I've revved up at a fast car just to hear it. Some people think everyone thinks they have a fast car and doesn't think that someone might be envious of their car?
Old 04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

heres for you guys hatin on trucks and diesels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tTgtyT8Scs
Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by school boy
heres for you guys hatin on trucks and diesels
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tTgtyT8Scs
look at all that pollution.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:13 AM
school boy
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo232
look at all that pollution.
you're right there but i dont consider it to be near as bad as all these plastic water bottles that hit the landfill each year. im not a enviromentalist, but the bottle thing is rediculous and has got out of hand. diesels are straight up about showing you what they're putting out of the exhaust, gas trys to hide it, lol....jk

Quick Reply: why is it when i just cruise people then want to race?