4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Is it wrong to have a BULLITT plate on a regular GT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:27 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Considering that Bullitt basically means 'Green Mustang GT that Steve McQueen drove', I'd consider this to be less 'fake' than, say, a Cobra on a GT. The mods that make a Bullitt different from a GT are VERY slight. If you really want that look, you should consider removing the spoiler too...

And since you're just talking about a license plate, and not the actual badges on the car (a point I think some of the other guys missed), it shouldn't be a big deal. Again, it basically means you drive a green Mustang GT and you're a Steve McQueen / Bullitt movie fan. I see nothing wrong with it, but the guys above are probably right in that some assy Mustang guys out there will give you grief for it...
Old 05-18-2011, 05:28 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I got cobra badges on my car, but honestly if I didn't have the setup under the hood they wouldn't be there. I kinda regret not having the fender holes shaved like my antenna and trunk holes when I got it painted but ehhh what ya gonna do. Besides my crank windows/airbag/gauge cluster theres no way to tell my car was a gt-s to begin with.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:51 AM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Yes at the end of the day it is your car and do what you want but people are going to see your plate and think your a tool. So if you can live with people laughing at your car by all means go for it
Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 AM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by H0SS302
Its gay. But its your car. lol

I just dont understand what the fascination is with badging stuff as something its not. I have no issues with someone putting stuff on their car thats from a different flavor.. but why badge it as something its not. If you bought a GT leave it badged as a GT. The only people who even understand WTF the differences are anyways are just going to point out the differences and call you out on it.

I just dont get it. lol
God I can't believe I'm doing this... but I gotta go with Hoss on this one. IMO if it's not a real "insert model here" don't put the badge on it. Even a full out clone with every little detail (yes even classics) is questionable if you ask me. Leave the plate available for a guy with a real Bullitt to use. If there are clones everywhere, it just makes the real ones less special.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:59 AM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Considering that Bullitt basically means 'Green Mustang GT that Steve McQueen drove', I'd consider this to be less 'fake' than, say, a Cobra on a GT. The mods that make a Bullitt different from a GT are VERY slight. If you really want that look, you should consider removing the spoiler too...

And since you're just talking about a license plate, and not the actual badges on the car (a point I think some of the other guys missed), it shouldn't be a big deal. Again, it basically means you drive a green Mustang GT and you're a Steve McQueen / Bullitt movie fan. I see nothing wrong with it, but the guys above are probably right in that some assy Mustang guys out there will give you grief for it...
the differences that make a Bullitt a Bullitt are huge if you ask me.. short of it not being a 4v, the differences are almost the same as a cobra.

Different seats, cluster, trim, body parts, performance parts, individual numbering ect.

can anyone tell im bitter I never found a Bullitt? lol
Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
school boy
5th Gear Member

man, its YOUR car. do what you want. you're the one that has to look at it everyday.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I vote for shelby gt500 badging
Old 05-18-2011, 12:39 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
I vote for shelby gt500 badging
already seen that on a Mustang 2.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 PM
TOMMY01GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 69MustangCoupe393cid
God I can't believe I'm doing this... but I gotta go with Hoss on this one. IMO if it's not a real "insert model here" don't put the badge on it. Even a full out clone with every little detail (yes even classics) is questionable if you ask me. Leave the plate available for a guy with a real Bullitt to use. If there are clones everywhere, it just makes the real ones less special.
Id never put the trunk badge on it.

But how many average people even knew about the New Edge Bullitts? Very limited production, and outward appearance thing, like the C pillars, side scoops, grille...are subtle to the uninformed.

Under the hood, the difference is the intake, plain and simple.

Inside, the seats and gauge, other small things are different.

But the guts of the car are the same. You can take a Stock GT and make it into everything a BULLITT is...except the official numbering.

Im still on the Fence, but Im starting to lean towards doing it, because I have a green mustang and I think BULLITT is an iconic movie.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:28 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

or the side skirts unless you find a Bullitt owner that doesnt want them.

Quick Reply: Is it wrong to have a BULLITT plate on a regular GT?