4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Well now i've gone and done it...

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:45 AM
swarthyfellow
3rd Gear Member

sweet build man, look real nice.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

Looks like it's all coming together for you nicely.I know how hard it is trying to find some of the parts you need.I spent a long time searching the web for a throttle cable.You'll be very glad you did the swap the first time you drive it.You'll probably be like me,grinning from ear to ear.LOL Did you fabricate a throttle cable bracket yet?
Old 07-01-2011, 07:13 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeh4269
Looks like it's all coming together for you nicely.I know how hard it is trying to find some of the parts you need.I spent a long time searching the web for a throttle cable.You'll be very glad you did the swap the first time you drive it.You'll probably be like me,grinning from ear to ear.LOL Did you fabricate a throttle cable bracket yet?
not yet, i got time to kill this weekend and the ex is bringin up her 98 cobra to visit, so i'll have time to take hers off, get some good measurements and start there. Get paid today so i'll be able to buy the rest of what i need.

Alternator
Coolant hose (from crossover to t-stat)
intake gaskets
trani fluid
new plugs and wires

Some of it will be online purchases so I def wont have it done this weekend
Old 07-01-2011, 03:24 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Couple randoms here, got my thermostat and hoses in the mail the other day. Also how i plan to cap my IAC for the time being. (it is too tall right now but i will be cutting it down to be lower, still dont know if this IAC will work) Also a pic of how i routed the heater hoses on the back of the motor, crude, but they get the job done.

ordered today:
alternator
coolant hose
intake gaskets
plugs and wires

dont really need fluids yet as most of the stuff isnt here yet, so i just kinda held off
Old 07-02-2011, 02:31 AM
masterofthepuppets99
2nd Gear Member

if you used another coolant neck on the back of the drivers side head, you could make your own head cooling mod like i did. its cheap and ive have no head tick issues with it (even though some people argue that its not temperature that causes the tick, its still nice to be safe)
Old 07-05-2011, 12:46 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

small update. Got my composite IMRC plates today with a mark viii intake manifold and intake tubing. (picked all of it up for $45 on ebay). Also got all my coolant hoses hooked up. Small thing i noticed is that when i cut my stock gt hose for the upper radiator hose, the piece that was left over would have perfectly fit from the block to the thermostat. So i wouldnt have had to buy the $15 hose for that.. haha.

-masterofthepuppets - That'd b interesting to try, too bad the motor is already in the car also thanks for pointing out that the IAC may not work, cuz i actually looked into it!!
The next thing i also noticed is i was going to use the stock GT IAC instead of the Cobra IAC, well after noticing i had the iac off the mark viii manifold, i compared the two and saw a huge difference. you can see the difference in the pics, and i dont mean just where the vacuum port is.

I also came up with a fix for the cruise control and having the short cable. Instead of trying to find the discontinued cruise cable for a cobra, you can relocate the cruise motor. You will need to lengthen like 6 wires for the connector, but you can mount the cruise motor where your battery is and the cable will wrap around perfectly to the throttle body. (YES YOU WILL NEED TO RELOCATE BATTERY FOR THIS TO WORK).

Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 AM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

Got the IMRC plates all cleaned out and epoxied up. Installed those and the intake last night. Also installed the stock GT injectors and Cobra fuel rail, attached a bunch of connectors, put the spark plug wires on, put the coolant hoses on, and started trying to figure out what wires i gotta lengthen... fun process! haha. Also, the stock Mark VIII intake tube wont fit, and the intake tubing is also 20mm larger than the GT!!

Old 07-08-2011, 02:25 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

That's ****. Looking good.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:34 PM
BlackMage
5th Gear Member

well.. still waiting on the alternator and intake tubing. but I was able to get everything hooked up enough to make sure she runs! oil pressure is good, no leaks that i can see as of yet, but i havnt ran it that much. heres a small vid of it

http://youtu.be/OSoMavr7360
Old 07-09-2011, 10:48 PM
jeh4269
3rd Gear Member

Oh yeah Will the 4v cometh soon bro

Quick Reply: Well now i've gone and done it...