Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > 4.6L General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Need to rant about Bama Tuning

Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #41
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 Mustang GT and 1967 Mustang Fastback
Mase V2SQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead View Post
If you want to have an aftermarket tune on both cars at the same time you'll need 2 tuners no matter what company you buy.
^^^ yeah, either way you cant tune both cars with the same tuner with out one being converted back to stock
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2004 Mustang GT
Vortech V2 SQ-Trim
3.33 Pulley
CX Racing Intercooler
Anderson Powerpipe
SLP Catted X
SLP Power-Flo Catback
Eibach Pro-Kit
Steeda Tri-Ax
SCT X3
FRPP 4:10's
Mac 70mm Throttle Body
Tuned by Big Daddy Performance

389 rwhp and 378 rwtq
MCxQubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #42
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Vehicle: 1998 SL500

Delta Force Special Forces let's you tune two vehicles at the same time (2 bullets), and has no restrictions on how many times you can change vehicles. You can also buy additional bullets to tune more than two vehicles at a time.
RAM HDX clutch, 3.73s, 262 rwHP/305 lb-ft.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq

Engineering is, at its base, making what you want from what you have.
At its extreme it is making what you want from what you can get.
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #43
Repzard
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 99 Ford Mustang GT & 97 Cobra SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCxQubed View Post
^^^ yeah, either way you cant tune both cars with the same tuner with out one being converted back to stock
This I can understand^^^^
But to pay another 150 for some email tunes for another Mustang you own when you paid 379 already for their product (Tuner) with TFL.

AM & Bama Tuning can go pound sand if they want another 150!!!!! from me

Again yes their adds are misleading ,look at the add for when you bring up 3 tunes for 150.
150 add 3 tunes http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct-custom-tune.html
FTFL add http://www.americanmuscle.com/free-sct-custom-tune.html

Looks the same if you ask me . How can someone say this is not misleading or false advertisement on their part?.

Wheres the AM rep on the forum to explain this above
Like to hear from them next PM or in this thread.

Thanks again MFers you sure helped ,I hate to slam on a vendor but were customers and spend good chunk of money supporting them.guess we have a right to be upset and rant.

1997 SVT Cobra #6149 of 6961

Last edited by Repzard; 03-07-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Repzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:46 PM   #44
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1997 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repzard View Post
This I can understand^^^^
But to pay another 150 for some email tunes for another Mustang you own when you paid 379 already for their product (Tuner) with TFL....

Wheres the AM rep on the forum to explain this above
Like to hear from them next PM or in this thread

Thanks again MFers you sure helped, I hate to slam on a vendor but were customers and spend good chunk of money supporting them.guess we have a right to be upset and rant.

He was real quick to answer my questions about my future purchase. Within a couple hours every time I PM'd him. I'm not gonna boycott them just yet though. Will stay clear from BAMA, but they are still pretty good for the piddly stuff I buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02TrueBlueGT View Post
If you buy the wheels and tires, it then takes 1-2 business days to get mounted and balanced and then would take a couple business days to get out to you.

That stinks you are going through that Rep. I'm sure if you talked to the right person they would be willing to help you out.
Ordered tires/wheels Sunday afternoon, Order accepted email received Monday, Shipped today (Wed 7th), expected delivery Monday 3/12/12 to Chicago. I guess not too bad since shipping didn't cost me a dime. And with each package weighing in at 57lbs, I still saved a ton.
MyGt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:27 PM   #45
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Vehicle: 2012 Race Red Mustang GT

Here's my response. Fast or Cheap-pick ONE.

Now, into the subject at hand. "Read the fine print".
"I" think Scott makes awesome products with ease of use.

As far as a tune ...nothing beats an on the spot dyno tune. And with that tune you're gonna need a hand held tuner ...just makes sense.

So, sell yours (u should get decent $$ out of it ) get a new tuner and head to a dyno.
code3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #46
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3GT View Post
Here's my response. Fast or Cheap-pick ONE.

Now, into the subject at hand. "Read the fine print".
"I" think Scott makes awesome products with ease of use.

As far as a tune ...nothing beats an on the spot dyno tune. And with that tune you're gonna need a hand held tuner ...just makes sense.

So, sell yours (u should get decent $$ out of it ) get a new tuner and head to a dyno.

Dooley noted. I have no shame in saying I am a penny pinching cheap ***.

And why should he sell the tuner he has? If he returns the one car back to stock, then marries the tuner to the Cobra, can't the "on the spot" dyno tuner guys just re-write over the old BAMA tunes? Please forgive my ignorance. I just don't know how all that works.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #47
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

"I" am unsure if that tuner he has for a 99-04 GT will transfer over to a 97 cobra? ?? Maybe someone else can clarify? ??
Old 03-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #48
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
"I" am unsure if that tuner he has for a 99-04 GT will transfer over to a 97 cobra? ?? Maybe someone else can clarify? ??
Yeah, didn't consider that.

However, lets say I buy an SCT from AM with the 3 BAMA tunes. If someday I would want to go get a real dyno tune, can BAMA's be erased and the dyno guys write their own on same tuner?

I got a cheesy SCT 4 bank eliminator chip with BAMA at the moment. But will probably buy a handheld someday. Just wondering...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:56 PM   #49
vintage5.0

Vehicle: 1987 5.0 stang

american muscle is a big fat sales organization. they suck. if u have a problem, it is very hard to get any satisfaction or a refund.
vintage5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #50
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGt03 View Post
Yeah, didn't consider that.

However, lets say I buy an SCT from AM with the 3 BAMA tunes. If someday I would want to go get a real dyno tune, can BAMA's be erased and the dyno guys write their own on same tuner?

I got a cheesy SCT 4 bank eliminator chip with BAMA at the moment. But will probably buy a handheld someday. Just wondering...
Yes...your dyno person can overwrite your old tunes
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #51
MyGt03
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Yes...your dyno person can overwrite your old tunes
Thanks. For future reference...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #52
lizzyfan
Underboss

Vehicle: 98 GT Blumurder

Quote:
Yep, sure will! SCT good for 96-04

540 rwhp 477 tq
Vortech SQ to T-trim upgrade
MHS Stage 2 heads/cams
Tuned by Matt at Performance Evolution
11.055@129 MPH 1.75 60'
lizzyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #53
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang GT, 2002 F150 XLT 4x4 Triton
MustangSVT97r
Send a message via AIM to uberstang1 Send a message via Yahoo to uberstang1

Ehh, canned tunes are garbage anyway man, just take it to the dyno for a real tune.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 AM   #54
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Vehicle: 1997 Mustang GT, 2002 F150 XLT 4x4 Triton
MustangSVT97r
Send a message via AIM to uberstang1 Send a message via Yahoo to uberstang1

Quote:
The SCTS will work for 96-04
Old 03-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #55
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang 5.0
americanmusclefb americanmuscle

Quote:
So I called up Bama tuning today to get some tunes made for Cobra.They tell me it will cost $150 for tunes.
I was like WTF !!!!!!$150 wheres my free life time tunes I ask?
He tells me its married to GT.The rant I have is why the F*** is you OWN 2 cars(Mustangs it works on) and decide to sell one your tuner should be married to OWNER not car.

For $379 to this is a scam and to pay them another $150 is even more of a rip off.
Repzard,

I'm sorry that you feel misled. We started the Free Tunes for Life program so that our customers wouldn't have to worry about paying for little tune updates every time that they added new mods. At the time, many companies were charging you update fees, especially if you didn't buy your new mods from them. We were one of the first people to offer these updates for free. When you're entered into our Free Tunes for Life program, we do these updates for you no matter where you buy your new mods!

When you change Mustangs, we have to start building new tunes from the ground up. Your computer code changes, mods change and we have to start from scratch. This is why we charge a fee, because it's essentially a completely new set of tunes. Once you re-enroll in the Free Tunes for Life program, we'll cover any mods on your new Mustang, as long as you own it!

Since you returned your GT back to stock, you can use that tuner, whether or not you decide to go with Bama. Any SCT-authorized dyno can use that programmer to build you a custom dyno tune. We're sorry to see you go as a customer, so we do want to offer to make it right before you go this route.

Since you've been a loyal Bama customer in the past, we're definitely willing to stretch a little. I will be happy to "accidentally" enroll your new Cobra for free, and I hope that you'll still stick with us!

Keep in mind, that the tunes you're going to get from Bama aren't "canned" tunes, and are all researched & developed in-house by the Bama team on our Dynojet 224xLC. We Street, Dyno and Track test all of our tunes and have a fleet of over 12 company-owned Mustangs and over 40+ employee-owned Mustangs that they use to test every day. You'll be getting almost identical power/accuracy with our tunes that you would with a local dyno tune, and in some cases more.

Hope this helps! Hit me up via PM and I'll be glad to get you all set up, this time. Let us know if you have any questions!
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 10AM-4PM EST
GET UP TO $200 TOWARDS YOUR NEXT PURCHASE FROM AM!
Need help? PM AMAlexLazarus for immediate assistance!
AMChrisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #56
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 GT vert View Post
i lost alot of respect for American muscle after they bought out bama tunes, they seem to have so many regulations on them like if you were to purchase something used or from someone else they will not incorporate that into the tune for you. now this is hear say from a couple people i dont have first hand experience with them and would never buy a bama tune because all it is is a canned tune with minor tweaking so they can say it is custom
What stuff are you looking at adding that we won't tune for? We'll tune for mods purchased elsewhere, so I'd love to hear back from you on this. The only regulations that we have on the Free Tunes for Life program have to do with what supercharged/turbocharged applications we do and don't support and cams on 96-04 Mustangs.

Bama tunes are not at all "canned" tunes or pre-loaded "strategy" tunes. We don't even start with SCT base files. We build all of our files from the ground up using our own Mustangs and 165,000 square feet worth of Mustang parts that the Bama team can bolt-on at any time!

I hope this helps clear things up a little. Let me know what mods you've been told we don't support so I can clarify!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #57
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
Thanks for posting this, a SCT handheld was going to be my next purchase.
I own one mustang and am considering a second, I would have to buy a separate tuner for each one? That is ridiculous.
If you have any questions when you go to purchase, you can always call the Bama team directly. They're here in the building Monday-Saturday and can answer everything from tech questions to troubleshooting before AND after the sale.

As for having to buy more than one tuner, that's not something that only applies to SCT. All custom tuners vin-lock, and one of your Mustangs has to be returned to stock in order to use it on another. This will be true with Diablo, Superchips, Hypertech and others. Sorry for the confusion and let me know if this clears it up!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #58
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage5.0 View Post
american muscle is a big fat sales organization. they suck. if u have a problem, it is very hard to get any satisfaction or a refund.
Vintage5.0,

I'm really sorry that you feel like this. We're a company of Mustang enthusiasts and always go above and beyond for our customers. Take a look around this board and I'm sure you'll find cases where we've bent over backwards to make things right whenever we've screwed up!

PM me your story, let me know what we need to do to fix it! Keeping our customers happy is what makes us #1, and we're not about to lose you as a customer over somthing small. Let me know!
Old 03-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #59
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Well fellows ,Thanks for all the info.
I made a desision just to sell the SCT tuner and not deal with Bama at all.

Like some stated I will just get the Cobra dyno tuned at a shop with some of the money I get back from SCT.

Its pretty sad that Bama is so miss leading with their TFL program.
As some stated its should be related to the S/N on tuner not the car (some have more than 1 Mustang in their time).

Thanks cliffy K for posting their policy ,but its still very misleading.

Thanks Purp for the recommendation to Chris I have seen him floating around forum.

But at this point AM and Bama lost a customer,guess I will start dealing with Mustangs Unlimited right in CT.

Time to sell a tuner

Thanks MFers for the cheer up glad to see some agree.
Misleading how? If the purchaser fails to read what is clearly stated then that's no one's fault but their own.

I love how people fail to take responsibility for their own actions then blame everyone else when things don't go as planned or they wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #60
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyGt03 View Post
Im not disappointed, but I ordered tires and wheels from AM Sunday afternoon. Received a confirmation email Monday saying my order was accepted. Was really hoping they would of shipped by Tuesday. Nothing yet. Status says "In warehouse". I only had my hopes up after reading all the reviews of people getting their wheels/tires within 2-3 days. Hope they go out tomorrow (Wed). I'm not ranting though, yet...lol I realize they are busy people and these things take time.

As for you, try to look at this as a positive. Go get that dyno tune. I hear its better anyway.
MyGT03,

Just wanted to check and make sure your wheel order tracking information got to you and everything is on the way! Our mount/balance team usually takes between 2-3 business days to get the order ready to leave the warehouse. We do mention it on the site, but it's easily missed. I can talk to our Web Team about getting that message made larger or more prominent. The people who get them in 2-3 days might also be in our 1-day shipping zone. Let us know when they arrive and throw up some pics!

As for dyno tunes vs. mail-order tunes, this is a debate that could go on forever. As long as your mail-order tunes are R&D'ed on actual Mustangs with your mods and you go with a reputable company, often times they can be as accurate and powerful as a custom tune on the dyno. If you go with a pre-loaded or "canned" tune, which Bama doesn't offer, you might find that there's alot of power left on the table.

PM me if you have any questions at all!
Old 03-08-2012, 01:00 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 2003, bama, cars, cobra, dorks, gt, makes, multiple, mustang, questions, rant, sale, tune, tuner, tuners, tuning