4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

need advice with exhaust set up

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 AM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

Default need advice with exhaust set up

I have an 03 GT with Comp 262 cams but my exhaust is so deep that the cams don't sound the way I thought they would. I have a MAC catback and was thinking of just buying some SLP LM1 resonators to replace the MAC muffler on my current catback. Would that be a good idea or should I just sell the whole catback and just get the SLP LM1? I love the sound of the SLP more honestly but I dont want to have to go through the trouble of buying a whole new catback and selling the old one if I can get the same results by just getting the resonators. Any advice or tips? Thanks!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:52 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Im sure an exhaust shop can weld in whatever u want.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:10 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

if your looking for lm1's let me know because i have a set laying around if u would want to buy them
Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Stangmansbullitt

Originally Posted by Cali_Swag
I have an 03 GT with Comp 262 cams but my exhaust is so deep that the cams don't sound the way I thought they would. I have a MAC catback and was thinking of just buying some SLP LM1 resonators to replace the MAC muffler on my current catback. Would that be a good idea or should I just sell the whole catback and just get the SLP LM1? I love the sound of the SLP more honestly but I dont want to have to go through the trouble of buying a whole new catback and selling the old one if I can get the same results by just getting the resonators. Any advice or tips? Thanks!
Are you running a off road mid pipe? If you are Id suggest loudmouth 2s they wmsound very good with a cam and if you have a catted mid pipe lm1. I've heard that with cams as well. And both you can just get the mufflers and not have to buy the whole catback.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Bpohlman13
3rd Gear Member

Are you sure you just dont have the idle up to high? When I have my idle up to high you cant really hear the cams.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

I have the stock midpipe for now. My rpms at idle are at 800 i believe.. What are yours set at Bpohlman? Don't get me wrong I can hear them and feel them but its just a deeper tone than I want i guess is what I'm trying to say. I plan on running a catted mid pipe in the future since I live in CA so I want the LM1.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

MCxQubed are you selling the whole catback or do you just have the clamp on resonators? How much to ship to Sacramento, CA?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

I just have the resonators, i swapped out my lm1's for powerflo mufflers because i didnt want to be too loud after the midpipe, but i dont think they would be too loud. I can do 100 shipped to you
Old 06-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Cali_Swag
1st Gear Member

Ok I want them.. Pm me please since I don't know how to do it yet because I'm still new to the forums.. Quick question though, will the resonators sound like I just bought the SLP lm1 catback or not really.. I believe the SLP and MAC are both 2.5 diameter pipes so I'm thinking it will if that's the only difference between the two
Old 06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Shae04GT
1st Gear Member

3" piping, delete the cats and throw some Glasspacks on there. Sounds mean as hell.

Quick Reply: need advice with exhaust set up