4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

I lied!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 PM
Stangmansbullitt

Default I lied!

So I was mistaken. I thought brother had his bullitt tuned. (now mine) but I talked to my father and he said no he never did it. He talked about doing it but never did it.

So how much power difference can I accept from a 01 bullitt with pulleys k&n CAI and 4:10s give me of I put in a 93 race tune? Will it be a noticeable difference?

Thanks
Chael.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:36 PM
mineralpony
2nd Gear Member

The 4.10 gears will give you the biggest difference. But yeah, it's definitely going to be noticeable.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:46 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by Stangmansbullitt
So I was mistaken. I thought brother had his bullitt tuned. (now mine) but I talked to my father and he said no he never did it. He talked about doing it but never did it.

So how much power difference can I accept from a 01 bullitt with pulleys k&n CAI and 4:10s give me of I put in a 93 race tune? Will it be a noticeable difference?

Thanks
Chael.
The CAI and gears will add nothing, and any effect form the UDPs will only be clearly observable on an inertial dynamometer. I've only seen one Bullitt up on a dyno; it was dead stock in good shape and peaked at 228rwHP, 6 to 8 HP more then most GTs.

However a good tune (I assume we're talking canned/mail order?), optimised for premium fuel, will beef up the mid range--where it can actually be used--by 10 to 15 rwHP and push the peak up by 7 to 10 rwHP. The Bullitt TB and manifold does not become restrictive at higher revs as does the GT TB and upper plenum, so it will respond better to a good tune that would a GT.

Open up the exhaust, make it 2-1/2" from the manifolds back, and you'll get another 10-12 at higher rpms.

A custom, hand tweaked "great" tune would pump up the mid-range and beyond peak output range as well...