4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

f*cked the pooch.. kinda

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 08:25 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

My sig is how mine looked after jumping a curb and hitting a wall.

Rain+summer tires+30 degree weather+roundabout= not good.

Odd because my friends cobra ended up in a ditch and did less damage to the body/frame, yet popped the air bags. However I did way more damage to mine and didn't pop the air bags.

Last edited by 1slow67; 02-07-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:19 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sxynerd
I would have a story but I know how to drive.
Originally Posted by 1slow67
My sig is how mine looked after jumping a curb and hitting a wall.

Rain+summer tires+30 degree weather+roundabout= not good.

Odd because my friends cobra ended up in a ditch and did less damage to the body/frame, yet popped the air bags. However I did way more damage to mine and didn't pop the air bags.
Same thing man, I got mine sideways because of cold summer tires in 30 deg temps. I went out around midnight not thinking it was getting close to the time to pull them. Thank god I didn't do any damage like yours, dang.

Important part of all this is that everyone is here to tell the story.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 PM
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Yeah it got sideways and it was over for me. Never had a problem with it until that night.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Stevo86
3rd Gear Member

2004 v6 with the stock 225 goodyears. I slowed down to 45 on the interstate because of a torrential Florida downpour. The kind where you can almost no longer see your hood. I went over a dip in the roadway and when the shocks rebounded the car hydroplaned, spun 180, and I skipped over the concrete divider to a ramp. Missed the wall by about 2 ft and a light pole by about a foot. I got stupid lucky that day and stopped short of going down an embankment. Only damage was a bent tie rod end, and the front bumper. Also my pride and a pair of underpants.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 AM
HorsePower99
1st Gear Member

I was about 14 hours in to a 16 hour drive, making good time, and getting pretty tired so I thought the safe thing to do would be to get off interstate and take a little nap with the time I had to spare. So I get off and pull in the parking lot of this shopping center and park in the Ruby Tuesday and take a nap. Everything was closed except an Exxon, it was like 4 in the morning. So after I wake up I decide to go over to the Exxon that, as far as I can see, is in the same parking lot so I can get a couple energy drinks before I get back on the road. Coming around the corner of the Ruby Tuesday, I end up driving up on the stupidest, most pointless thing I've ever seen in my life. There was this stupid little divider between the parking lot of the Exxon and the parking lot of everything else for some reason, and when I came around the Ruby Tuesday with the stupid *** thing on my right it was never in sight. Ended up need a new radiator and support, bumper, fog light, and an alignment.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 AM
duaner

my 1991 Supra was parked in front of the house when an 18 year old in Mom's mini van ran into right front. Found out later when I called his insurance company they had been cancelled for not paying premiums. Cost me $2600 to fix.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Docmo

Well, that at least ended, "Not too bad." Most of the time parents or offenders take the, "It's not my fault you were parked in the wrong parking lot." That makes me real teeth-grinding.
Glad it came out to your satisfaction.

Docmo
Old 02-08-2013, 10:15 AM
gt2010
1st Gear Member

Only story I've got was when I was 16 coming home from a date. When we left the roads were fine and it was relatively warm out. By the time I got off the interstate on the way home, black ice had formed on some of the back roads. Not realizing this, I proceeded to take a banked curve at 60 just like I always do and ended up doing a 180 straight off a 2' ditch. Neither of us got hurt though and the only damage to my car was a quarter sized chip in the paint from a sign. My dad came and got it pulled out, and the cop who showed up said it was obviously an accident and no harm done. That poor car took a lot more damage when a friends dad backed into it on his way to the bar one night.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:59 PM
MaxxRPM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by duaner
my 1991 Supra was parked in front of the house when an 18 year old in Mom's mini van ran into right front. Found out later when I called his insurance company they had been cancelled for not paying premiums. Cost me $2600 to fix.
This /\

Exact same thing happened to my Z34. I only had liability on it (it was my second car), and that's when I learned that "uninsured motorist" on my policy does NOT cover your property but rather bodily injury.............I was so f*cking Pi$$ed..........And the Z34 was done for..........
Old 02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
blu30val
2nd Gear Member

had a buddy that tried showing off and rolled his 04 gt. Got that liquid courage in him, got 1/2 mile down a country road at full throttle, hit a slight bump and when the car settled on a patch of gravel it darted right. Hit a ditch, more like a ramp beside a driveway at at least 100. The initial roll threw the passenger out the window, car crushed his legs. Driver got thrown out the window about 15 ft out. Thing landed belly up, completely totalled obviously. Scary part is I was supposed to be in the back seat.

Quick Reply: f*cked the pooch.. kinda