Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 09:02 PM
jmart69x
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...

I am torn between the Shaker CAI (by Classic Design Concepts) or the High Velocity CAI (by Western Motor Sports). Anyone have any thoughts or comments on either one?
Old 11-14-2006, 02:24 PM
blueshawk
1st Gear Member

Will adding a CAI void the warrantey on your new 2007 GT?

Thanks,

Blueshawk
Old 11-18-2006, 04:11 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueshawk

Will adding a CAI void the warrantey on your new 2007 GT?

Thanks,

Blueshawk
i was told by the service manager at the dealership i got my stang at that anything not stock will void the warranty. i've since talked to several people in the know (i work for a comapny that sells extended warranties/insurance for vehicles) and they say that if you go to a recognized ford performance dealer, they won't say crap. however, the tuner downloads the stock tune from your ride so you can throw it back on if need to be to take it in.

i just purchased the TI CAI (demolet made) from brenspeed with the SCT XCALII. just sent off the email with my specs so they can do a custom tune.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Silver06GT

When a CAI says "flash required" does that mean I have to have a tuner or can I rely on the Mustang's computer to recal air and fuel? I know that a "retune" will maximize the performance of the CAI, but I don't have a tuner and am not interested in running a tune which requires higher octane fuel. I'm just looking for modest improvement. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
markj
1st Gear Member

If it says flash required, you'll need a new tune. That's because some CIAs flow a lot more air and will cause the egine to run too lean with the stock tune. Best bet is to get a CAI/Tuner combo. I have the DeMolet and love it, but there are lots of combo deals out there.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:19 PM
Badazzelanore
1st Gear Member

Ok, I just installed my WMS CAI on my 06 and it is amazing! With a minor hicup of about an hour to run to sear's to get some tools it only took me 4 hours to complete. I got it though brenspeed and I got the tuner package I cant believe the difference it feels and sounds! Ill be adding some pictures just as soon as my girl lets me use her camera! Wow!
Old 12-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

I am guessing that there are tune's availble out there for lower octane, but I wonder if that would partially defeat the purpose of getting a CAI.

I would like to see if I could acheive 300hp roughly to the wheels, and at least that much in TQ as well with simple bolt-ons and dyno tuning...I know this has been asked out the wazoo on here, but is it possible?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 AM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drivesthebeast

I am guessing that there are tune's availble out there for lower octane, but I wonder if that would partially defeat the purpose of getting a CAI.

I would like to see if I could acheive 300hp roughly to the wheels, and at least that much in TQ as well with simple bolt-ons and dyno tuning...I know this has been asked out the wazoo on here, but is it possible?
You're right in that the lower octane tune partially defeats the purpose, just like getting a CAI that doesn't come with tuner won't produce as much power. When I first installed my C&L CAI, I ran it on a low octane tune to make sure I had all of that 87 octane gas out of the system, then I flashed it with the high octane tune. I haven't dynoed the car, but what I felt by my seat of the pants, is that maybe about 20 of the 25 extra horses you get come with just putting that CAI on there and of course the tune. The car really took off and sounded better after the install. When I finally installed the higher octane tune, I didn't really notice that big of a power difference, but the throttle response was much quicker and the engine was quicker to rev.
I would think it would bepretty easy toobtain300RWHP. You could probably get there with a good CAI with agood tune, long tube headers and under drive pullies. An aluminum drive shaft will free up some horsepower too...that's my next mod, then the headers. I haven't decided on UDPs.

[IMG]local://upfiles/48298/E5135174620B43CEB6AAA906620CB0A2.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-25-2006, 12:06 AM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

So basiclly the best thing to do on an 07 Gt with a 5 speed is the put a C&L CAI on it with a tuner, 4.10 gears and shorty headers with a cat back exhaust x pipe with Borla stingers and I will roll!!!!! is this true???
Old 12-25-2006, 01:35 AM
06hoss
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't bother with the shorty headers since the gains will be minimal. Long tubes are the way to go...most of them come with an X pipe if you order them together. Every thing else sounds sweet.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Induction Installations and Comments...