Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Cai and tune, really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 06:22 AM
ticklemonster

Default Cai and tune, really worth it?

I'm on the fence about spending $560 for a tune and CAI package from BAMACHIPS, I have read up on it but without driving or rideing in a car that has had it done, It's hard for me to know what to expect. I'm 41 and I don't plan on racing the car but I would like the car to "feel" faster. I had a 95 Z28 that had little more than a CAI kit, (no tune needed) And that car felt faster than my 2006 gt. I know the Mustang has much more top end but I loved that "snap the LT1 has from the line. I read about the improved throttle response you get with these tunes. Maybe this will help but before I go for it, I would like to hear more from some of you guys that have pulled the trigger on this mod......

I have done the wheels, stripes, Sequencial lights and Hurst, so.......

Is it the best $600 you can spend for this car?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:44 AM
05CLASSIC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cai and tune, really worth it?

It's the first mod anybody should get for their GT. It made a big difference on mine. Responce, SOUND AND "seat of the pants" dyno. I waited awhile before doing it (wasn't sure I wanted to spend the money) but I couldn't wait any longer. Man was i impressed with the car afterwards. I let a buddy of mine drive it and first impression of it reminded him of his "68 Cyclone" he had when he was younger. I drive the car everyday and love the sound and feel when I accelerate!!![sm=gears.gif]
Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Cruehead
1st Gear Member

Definitely worth it. I just took my CAI and Tune off so I could take my car to the dealer for some TSB's that I needed to get taken care of. On the ride to the dealership, I hammered on it just to feel the difference. It felt like I had a ton of bricks in my trunk without the CAI/Tune.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:33 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

It should have been my first mod, very noticeable difference at WOT. I didn't really notice much difference in sound, but I also have the frpp exhaust and of course with the throttle by wire crap I can't rev the damn thing when my heads under the hood. I have the JLT intake and brenspeed tune.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

In a word... ... ...

Y E S !
Old 08-24-2006, 02:02 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Duh!! You will be ultra pleased!!
Old 08-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

It better be worth it my C&L is on the way from Brenspeed. [sm=happy046.gif] However I wasnt my 1st mod. I wanted to get that stock shifter fixed up before I went to adding power. Ohh and the wife made me add exhaust. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ticklemonster

I'm on the fence about spending $560 for a tune and CAI package from BAMACHIPS, I have read up on it but without driving or rideing in a car that has had it done, It's hard for me to know what to expect. I'm 41 and I don't plan on racing the car but I would like the car to "feel" faster. I had a 95 Z28 that had little more than a CAI kit, (no tune needed) And that car felt faster than my 2006 gt. I know the Mustang has much more top end but I loved that "snap the LT1 has from the line. I read about the improved throttle response you get with these tunes. Maybe this will help but before I go for it, I would like to hear more from some of you guys that have pulled the trigger on this mod......

I have done the wheels, stripes, Sequencial lights and Hurst, so.......

Is it the best $600 you can spend for this car?
If you ask me... Absolutely!
Old 08-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Best money I've spent so far.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:11 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

100% worth it. Without a doubt. I did the Brenspeed and C&L street/strip combo, amazing difference.

I noticed a couple miles per gallon more too so far.

His 93 octane tunes are great.

After you install it and start the car. Just blipping the throttle a couple times tells you something is significantly different. Between the throttle response, the sound, and the beefed up exhaust note, it is really nice.

Quick Reply: Cai and tune, really worth it?