Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Steeda Billet Charge Motion Plates

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 05:42 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

Default Steeda Billet Charge Motion Plates

I have a friend that is wanting to get rid of some of these motion plates. The price is right but I don't want to do some thing that will cause me problems in the future. The only mods I have on my 07 GT Auto tranny is axle back frpp stingers. He also is going to throw in diablo sport preditor tuner. I know he was having trouble with his CAI and the motion plates. I did a search on here but didn't really find any thing that could help me one way or the other.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:48 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Billet Charge Motion Plates

You'll need a tune, since you'll be getting the Diablo tuner I suggest you pick up an intake and then hit up Bamachips for a tune. Make sure the tuner is a U7145, or else it won't work.

How much are you getting the delete plates and tuner for?
Old 03-27-2008, 05:54 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

Why would I need to go to bama chips?

Will the preditor not be good enough?

All I know about the tuner is that it says on the back of it for 2007 4.0 4.6 5.4

I know it came out of a 07 4.6 with the auto tranny.

Like I said he was having problems with it lighting up his CEL because the brand of CAI and the motion plates are not compatible.

As far as price is concerned if I give him my stock plates I can get the steeda plates and installation for free.

I just didn't want to have a problem withmy CEL coming on. Later on I plan on addingan aftermarket x pipe with cat deletes, he said the preditor could take care of my CEL on that also.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:17 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

If the tuner is coming off a 2007, then it will work obviously. You'll need a tune to compensate for losing the charge motion valves. I recommended Bamachips because you can get a tune for only $50 and they write tunes for the Predator.

Get an intake, a good one such as a C&L, JLT, etc. Goto Bamachips.com and order a tune and specify the exact intake you have, and that you have charge motion deletes plates. They'll email you a tune and it should work fine.

Yes, with the Predator you can disable the o2 sensors.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:39 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

If the tuner is coming off a 2007, then it will work obviously. You'll need a tune to compensate for losing the charge motion valves. I recommended Bamachips because you can get a tune for only $50 and they write tunes for the Predator.

Get an intake, a good one such as a C&L, JLT, etc. Goto Bamachips.com and order a tune and specify the exact intake you have, and that you have charge motion deletes plates. They'll email you a tune and it should work fine.

Yes, with the Predator you can disable the o2 sensors.
So the Predator will not compensate for the charge motion deletes plates? I was told it would.

If that is the case I guess it would be better to to the motion deletes plates and just order the tune from bama. Or would I need the Preditor also.

If the Predator can't compensate for the delete plates then I will have the CEL on once I install them.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:42 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

Are the charge deletes plates worth messing with? I don't know what the side effects are going to be good or bad. I know no one on this site talks about them much.

I would rather leave them alone and order the bama chip than put these things on and have a bunch of head aches from them and not get much gain. There adds say 5-10 horse on na motor. I don't plan on adding a sc or turbo so I don't know if they would be worth the trouble.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:57 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I've never heard of a CAI not being compatible with the delete plates before. maybe this is the case with the particular canned tune your buddy got but any decent dynotuner should be able to make it work. If you really want to do it right, get a CAI and the delete plates done and have it dynotuned immediately and you won't believe the difference. I have the same delete plates waiting to be done next week. As for the CEL coming on.....mine's been on ever since my long tube install which was about a year and a half ago LOL. I just reload the tune right before inspection and it passes fine. The CEL comes on again the next day. I do plan on getting it taken care of soon when I get my car dynoed soon.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

So Boidmorphis what your saying is that I shouldn't mess with the diablo sport tuner at all.

I don't know much about tuners and cai's and stuff. I havn't really ever done alot of mods to a motor with computer controls on it.

dynotuned are you saying have it dynoed then tune it on the dyno?

I guess I was just wanting to know if the motion charge delete plates are worth messing with. Only having the frpp stinger exhaust and the possiblity of putting the preditor turner on my car.

I don't really want a CAI so if I need on to make the charge plates worth messing with I guess I don't need them.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Vapour Trails
3rd Gear Member

My diablosport came with a tune for the delete plates. Check what is loading on the tuner. I have many tunes preloaded.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:18 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: triple_E_Farm

So Boidmorphis what your saying is that I shouldn't mess with the diablo sport tuner at all.

I don't know much about tuners and cai's and stuff. I havn't really ever done alot of mods to a motor with computer controls on it.

dynotuned are you saying have it dynoed then tune it on the dyno?

I guess I was just wanting to know if the motion charge delete plates are worth messing with. Only having the frpp stinger exhaust and the possiblity of putting the preditor turner on my car.

I don't really want a CAI so if I need on to make the charge plates worth messing with I guess I don't need them.

Well, if you want a LOT more performance out of your car a CAI is number one on the list IMO. You said you were thinking of doing the delete plates. Any CAI (including the K&N) needs a tune to get the best performance out of it. To avoid having your car dynoed twice I thought it would make the most sense to do both mods together. If you're content with having a basically stock GT then all I can say is, man, you'll never know what you're missing. The tuner your buddy has is perfectly capable of doing the job when set up with the proper tune. A dynotune will nail it down. That's what I'm saying.

Quick Reply: Steeda Billet Charge Motion Plates