Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:01 PM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default Supercharger

Just starting to install my M90 today & realized you need a stock air box for the inlet tube to reach!! i have a Roush CAI on mine. it came that way from the factory.does anyone know how i can resolve this problem without going back to the factory air box?? it almost reaches,think if i could find a tube extensin about 4-6inches i could make it work.Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

You could do the stock box for now and order the roush cai for the m90, or get the vmp 500hp package, either way you'll need a tune for a cold air kit.

This is something I have to account for myself I don't have the stock airbox
Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Wait, your car came from the factory with a Roush CAI? Do you have a Roush mustang?
Old 03-08-2011, 02:16 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Wow, got it so quickly. You're lucky.. I have heard people waiting forever for these kits...
Old 03-08-2011, 02:50 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I am guessing you bought your car used? Unless you get a stock airbox you need a tune for that CAI. JDM or VMP can give you one. Your car will run lean with a CAI and the stock Roush tune. Jim Jr at JDM told me their CAI (but prolly any will do) gives another 15 HP with their tune.
Otherwise, hows the install coming along? I really enjoyed doing mine and wouldnt mine doing another one.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:02 AM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default M90

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Wait, your car came from the factory with a Roush CAI? Do you have a Roush mustang?
It came with a Roush cai because the dealer sent it to a specialty shop & had a Roush cai & Roush suspension put on it for the guy that bought it new.I bought it from him & have all the paperwork from dealer.the problem im having is the intake tube that came with the roush charger is a little too short to reach the Roush cai connector & air filter on the car now.Stage 3 said it will only work with stock air box but i see people all over the net that are running theirs with cai kit. Dont know where i can get something to extend the length of the intake tube like some kind of rubber boot? i dont know,i would hate too not be able to use my Roush cai with the charger!!
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default m90

Originally Posted by 808muscle
I am guessing you bought your car used? Unless you get a stock airbox you need a tune for that CAI. JDM or VMP can give you one. Your car will run lean with a CAI and the stock Roush tune. Jim Jr at JDM told me their CAI (but prolly any will do) gives another 15 HP with their tune.
Otherwise, hows the install coming along? I really enjoyed doing mine and wouldnt mine doing another one.
i did buy it used but the guy i bought it from bought it new & it had been sent out to have the Roush cai & suspension package put on it.i do have tunes for it on my SCT tuner i bought from American Muscle.The install is put on hold pending me making the cai i have work.ive spent a ton of money on this project & now Stage 3 is telling me i have to go back to the stock air box therefore,they want me to buy it from them foe another $100!! Why go back stock when i have the cai from Roush??!! makes no sense to me! i just need some kind of rubber boot to extend the length of the air tube that came with the charger & dont know where to get one?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:14 AM
DIMEBAG6025
1st Gear Member

Default M90

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Wow, got it so quickly. You're lucky.. I have heard people waiting forever for these kits...
Yea,i was really suprised how fast i got it! ordered on Wed. & Fed Ex showed up at my house Sat. with it! i was excited until this little hiccup. Irritating as hell that they tell me the M90 can only be used with a stock airbox. i see people all over with the charger & cai.other than that it should go smoothly i hope.gonna call Stage 3 & talk to someone else & see what they say.cross my fingers & hope for a good answer i guess!!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:52 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DIMEBAG6025
i did buy it used but the guy i bought it from bought it new & it had been sent out to have the Roush cai & suspension package put on it.i do have tunes for it on my SCT tuner i bought from American Muscle.The install is put on hold pending me making the cai i have work.ive spent a ton of money on this project & now Stage 3 is telling me i have to go back to the stock air box therefore,they want me to buy it from them foe another $100!! Why go back stock when i have the cai from Roush??!! makes no sense to me! i just need some kind of rubber boot to extend the length of the air tube that came with the charger & dont know where to get one?
check local clubs man, someone will swap you a stock airbox for the roush CAI i am sure. if it were me id just pop for the roush CAI for the blower.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Oh, I got it now. So it came from the dealer with a roush CAI, not from the factory. Matters little. If you can find someone with the same year car as you, it shouldn'e be hard to swap the Roush CAI for a stock setup. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Supercharger