Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Car Problems, Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

Default Car Problems, Sensor?

I have been having serious issues with my stang for the last year. Its a 2010 GT track pack. One if the first mods I did was a JLT CAI/SCT tuned by Brenspeed. After awhile of driving, the electronic throttle control light along with the check engine light would flash on and off. I took it to the dealer cleaned everthing, and anything I could think of, nothing was fixed.

I then bought a Steeda CAI, and got it tuned by Bama. The car ran perfect for 4 months, then started doing the same thing again. I cleaned the MAF and throttle body again, and it still runs terrible.

Also, when the electronic throttle control light comes on, the car loses half it power, and the runs dead like.

The code on my SCT for this problem is P2135 and the description is:
throttle/pedal position sensor/switch a/b voltage correlation.
Any thoughts on what the problem is, and how I can fix it? Much thanks is appreciated.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:02 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

I'd ask the dealership to replace the throttle position sensor.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
JCON
5th Gear Member

Start with the TPS if you have a multimeter and the light is on, check the voltage to see where it's reading. Report numbers to us.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wetwille3
I have been having serious issues with my stang for the last year. Its a 2010 GT track pack. One if the first mods I did was a JLT CAI/SCT tuned by Brenspeed. After awhile of driving, the electronic throttle control light along with the check engine light would flash on and off. I took it to the dealer cleaned everthing, and anything I could think of, nothing was fixed.

I then bought a Steeda CAI, and got it tuned by Bama. The car ran perfect for 4 months, then started doing the same thing again. I cleaned the MAF and throttle body again, and it still runs terrible.

Also, when the electronic throttle control light comes on, the car loses half it power, and the runs dead like.

The code on my SCT for this problem is P2135 and the description is:
throttle/pedal position sensor/switch a/b voltage correlation.
Any thoughts on what the problem is, and how I can fix it? Much thanks is appreciated.
I think you're running into failsafe mode. This happens for a few reasons, but it sounds like yours is definitely throttle related. If it happens again, don't shut the car off, and plug the programmer right in and scan for codes. Let us know if there are any other codes at that point besides P2135. If you turn the car off, there are codes that will be eliminated when the car turns back on.

I'd take a look at the wiring to the TPS sensor to make sure it looks good. Make sure the TPS sensor clip is locked, that's a very common cause because the clip will wiggle lose.

If you check out the sensor, wiring to the sensor, etc. and it all looks good, then take a voltmeter, like suggested above, and let us know what it's at.

Has this car ever had an aftermarket throttle body on it?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
wetwille3
2nd Gear Member

I took off the CAI and TB and gave them and everything an extreme clean one last time, unplugged everything and replugged them, did any last detail, then reset the ECU.
Now the code is gone and the car runs fine..? But im not complaining! Maybe something wasn't plugged in all the way or something initially. I have the P1000 code, but thatll go away, so for now the car runs great, oddly, after all this trouble. If the cars keeps runs for next few weeks, Ill finally get my hands on some Kooks LT's! If not,ill check the voltage and the other suggestions.