Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion > 4.6L V8 Technical Discussions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 AM   #41
Mustangansta
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006, mustang, GT
Default RE: Transmissions: Manual & Auto Tech

a couple quick questions for a clueless 06 auto v8 guy

- do i really need a trans brake to drag race -

- can someone give a quick explaination regarding changing the torque converter - and expecially the cost of doing so -

- and will i have to retune to do so - runing SCT tune now -

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Procharged!!! Mustang Magic!!
*She's alive*
Mustangansta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:35 AM   #42
roadwarror180

what other transmissoin will fit in a 05 other than the tr3650
roadwarror180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:22 AM   #43
5.0 beast

[align=left]hey everyone im new, i got a ? i'm wondering if a93 cobra tranny can fit in a 88 gt w/o changing the rear end?

[/align]
5.0 beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 01:51 AM   #44
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

mytransmission on the floor andI twistered the input shaft.
any thoughts to an after market automatic transmission sealed peice of crap not fixable unless I send it to ford red flags will go up after that

stangoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM   #45
TRIGGER1980

Hi all,

Car: 2005, Mustang GT, AUTO, Supercharger (Procharger D1SC) Approx 550hp

I was driving normally down the Rd the other day and i heard a bang from under the car. All of a sudden when i put the accelerator down nothing happened.. I pulled over and dried to put it in reverse and drive, then 1st but it just revs in each gear and does not move.. I cant take the car to a shop till tomorrow so wont be then till ford open her up.. I had her on a ramp and there does not appear to be any visible damage to anything, which would point towards the transmission.. I asked a few people there thoughts and they said the transmission has probably gone and i will have to replace it.. Ouch!!!

My ford will only replace it with a stock transmission, but as for as i can see, the stock transmission will only break again in time. What do u guys advise i do? I live in Dubai, UAE, Middle east and i don’t get the best advice out here and really rely on forums like this to keep my educated...

Where can i get a strengthened/ upgraded transmission? How much?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and advice.

Mark
TRIGGER1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #46
Rustan

Trigger, I would bet your tranny itself is fine and you just twisted off your input shaft. I know a guy with a supercharged 06 that had the exact same thing happen to him between like 4-5 shift. Said he heard a bang and lost power. Unfortunately I don't think theymake a stronger piece yet.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:20 AM   #47
clix813
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang Gt

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Rustan

Trigger, I would bet your tranny itself is fine and you just twisted off your input shaft. I know a guy with a supercharged 06 that had the exact same thing happen to him between like 4-5 shift. Said he heard a bang and lost power. Unfortunately I don't think theymake a stronger piece yet.
there is a kit that replaces the auto trany with the 4R70W which is a much stronger tranny. i just saw a write up on it in the new modified mustangs mag.
2005 Mustang Gt Manual. Borla S types axle backs, sct x3 bama tuned, jlt series 3, pypes off road x pipe, hurst short throw, zex 100 wet shot, FRPP hot cams, SR udp,exedy stage 3 clutch and light weight flywheel J and M lca, J and M panhard bar, SR lowering springs.

P0300 code comes and goes no clue why?
clix813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #48
Ralphnet

Hi, I have a 2006 Mustang automatic V8 It snaps into reverse and it moves forward like it's in third gear. It did have some damage to the right frtnt in a crash. It only has 14,000 miles on it. Any answers? Thanhs Ralph
Ralphnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 12:38 PM   #49
mcburns36
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07 GT

Has anybody tried thePA Trans Deep Transmission Pan with filler tube ? I really hate the idea of not being able to check my auto trans oil on a regular basis.

Yes, poo does happen from time to time. Sometimes you're the poo-er, sometimes the poo-ee. Life is like that.

Tell 'em Gomer sez "Hey"

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and widely promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
mcburns36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:04 PM   #50
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to rygenstormlocke Send a message via Yahoo to rygenstormlocke

I'm running the PA deep transmission pan. So are a few others, works fine...only draw back is it sits so low, that even un lowered, I still scrape it on speed bumps.

sig by FATW

www.powerhouse411.com
www.excmotorsport.com

Best 1/4: 10.97@122.09, 1.56 60ft w/4.0 V6
Best 1/4: 10.80@124.52, 1.55 60ft w/5.4 V8
rygenstormlocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:04 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2008, 5r55s, autotech, converter, feel, forum, kit, mustang, reprogramming, roush, sale, slipping, stall, trans, transgo, uae