4 Cylinder NA and Turbo This section is for questions pertaining to stock or modified 4 cylinders, including the performance 2.3L applications

i took some pics of my intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:59 AM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

Default i took some pics of my intake

well in the pics it just shows you the horribly ghetto rigged intake, lol its actually not too bad but it obviously doesnt work well. the stock intake in mangled in a box which im not sure how it goes back on and im not positive all the screws are in it either. some help with that would be appreciated if you know the right direction to push me in. i think everythings there though. also since theres a hole in the muffler, i was thinking, do the mufflers on the thunderbird fit my stang? because the ones on the mustang are bolt on correct? and also they sell universal aftermaket intakes at Advanced Auto Parts, and i thought that would be a better choice then keeping this intake on, seeing as it affect my performance and gas mileage. what do you think? also on the clip that im hollding up, its right next to the intake, is that supposed to have something on it? lol it looks like it might hold a sensor or something like the sensor thats on the intake itself becasue its the same looking wire.
Attached Thumbnails i took some pics of my intake-img_3247.jpg   i took some pics of my intake-img_3245.jpg  
Old 08-16-2008, 11:44 AM
924banger
4th Gear Member

That connector plugs into the coil pack right beside your hand. Actually in the second pic the connector is right above were in should be plugged in at. That is probably the reason your getting crappy millage.
For your intake, get another piece of tubing and put the filter in the fender(so the fender is between the filter and MAS) then put the duct taped sensor(brain fart AIC?) beside the filter making sure it's beside the filter in the fender, so it accurately reads the incoming temp through the filter. But if you would rather put the stock one back on I can go snap a photo for you.

Last edited by 924banger; 08-16-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 12:22 PM
924banger
4th Gear Member

Here is the connector where it should be.

Old 08-16-2008, 06:33 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

thanks for the reply man. i plugged that thing into where it should be i cant believe i missed that before lol. and i dont really care about the intake between stock or aftermarket as long as it works correctly. could you take a pic of the stock intake for me? how do you have yours set up?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:34 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

any suggestions on the exhaust though?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
924banger
4th Gear Member

I don't know about the exhaust but if it's the same diameter tubing then it should work. I have the factory intake back on mine but with piping where that big "silencer" was. I might have an old pic.....

Ok here is a pic of when I first got the car. That big piece I replaced with piping and moved it so it comes off the Throttle Body, anything will work really, or there is a write-up in the tech articles of how to remove the tube inside that thing. That plastic piece coming off the Throttle body is now moved so it comes off the MAS. It's cleaner under there now....

I can get a pic tomorrow of what it currently looks like but there is what it should look like factory. BTW what year model do you have? Putting your year model in a signature helps people out a lot(not trying to be a jerk, just informative).

Last edited by 924banger; 08-16-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:38 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

hey man thanks alot for what you've already done and that was not a jerk thing to say at all that actually helps me out to help everyone else out lol. if that makes sense.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:13 PM
924banger
4th Gear Member

How long did you have the coil pack unplugged? did you notice any difference when you hooked it up??
Here are a couple pics of my intake. They have some sun glare but I think you can make everything out.

Old 08-17-2008, 08:22 PM
omegagodly
1st Gear Member

ill have to check out what i have and see and try and put it back together. funny story, my car actually broke down a little bit ago and i just got back from joggin home. lol
Old 08-19-2008, 12:34 AM
924banger
4th Gear Member

What did it do?

Quick Reply: i took some pics of my intake