5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Mustang might go bye bye

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:42 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Mustand might go bye bye

nah man i get on it alot but im smart about it.

i dont need to race cars to know how fast mine is.

i have street raced in my other 5 liter (monte carlo) and the car i was racing took a turn too fast (i was slowing down). he cut me off and went sideways, flipped twice and hit a tree.

i ran over to his car and there was nothing left. he was thrown through the windshield and was walking.. i was stunned. simply asked him if he was ok and i was out of there.. cops were coming from both directions.

i'd say that it was a smart move of me to slow down because look what could have happend to me... now i dont street race not just for my safety but for the other person safety too. racing is like peer pressure. you get pressured into doing stupid ****.

thats all i was trying to say

believe me you learned something from this
Old 05-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lookinforastang

nah man i get on it alot but im smart about it.

i dont need to race cars to know how fast mine is.

i have street raced in my other 5 liter (monte carlo) and the car i was racing took a turn too fast (i was slowing down). he cut me off and went sideways, flipped twice and hit a tree.

i ran over to his car and there was nothing left. he was thrown through the windshield and was walking.. i was stunned. simply asked him if he was ok and i was out of there.. cops were coming from both directions.

i'd say that it was a smart move of me to slow down because look what could have happend to me... now i dont street race not just for my safety but for the other person safety too. racing is like peer pressure. you get pressured into doing stupid ****.

thats all i was trying to say

believe me you learned something from this

You took that right outta the fast and the furious...lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/25858/8A4244FE80B749B3817CF5691A54FCC9.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-21-2006, 08:20 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

oh i know man i just couldn't believe he could walk after that

i had 911 dialed on my cell phone ready to push send

i wanted to help him but i also didnt want to get a street racing ticket. they matched his tires with the tread marks on the road. the next day he told me if they could have proved i was there we both would have lost our licenses.

glad i didnt stick around BUT the cops did see me leaving. its a 4 mile straight road then it turns into windy turns. i could see the cops from miles away.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:22 PM
deadcarnahans
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang might go bye bye

I've always thought the FOX body cars were for teeny boppers.
Who's name is on the title, your moms?

Get a lawyer, agree to move out of your city, and get a home of your own. They just might waive the points.
Surely you don't want to be one of those 23 yr olds living with mom and dad, driving an outdated Ford!

Good luck...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:36 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

my mom thought it was funny...[&:] and my dad was "disapointed" but i pay for insurance and i paid for the car, so its pretty much like they are letting me learn my lesson.

and lookinforastang, im sorry i didnt mean to snap, i was just in a bad mood and i thought you were being a dick. thats pretty wierd your buddy walked away from that. i wish i could say the same, a good friend of mine died in a motorcycle accident 2 weeks ago. he flipped his bike and hit a pole at and estimated 130mph...

ORIGINAL: 12Pack

track is lame! Everyone and their mothers street race, get over it. I say keep it and built it up, you know the second you sell it you will be mad, and itching to get another.

best of luck man, sucks that you got caught but it happens.

btw: how are your parents taking it?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:37 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

this is mustangforums you know.....

ORIGINAL: deadcarnahans

I've always thought the FOX body cars were for teeny boppers.
Who's name is on the title, your moms?

Get a lawyer, agree to move out of your city, and get a home of your own. They just might waive the points.
Surely you don't want to be one of those 23 yr olds living with mom and dad, driving an outdated Ford!

Good luck...
Old 05-21-2006, 08:43 PM
12Pack
2nd Gear Member

Just be glad your parents are "cool" about it because some kids parents make them sell the car.

Anyways do you have any ideas what your going to to?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:49 PM
ckyguy68
5th Gear Member

ive got 3.73s, im puttin em on tuesday. i want to get some afr 165s, and im debating between carb and efi... i want to carb it sooo bad, but at the same time, efi has its advantages... how do you like your carb setup?

ORIGINAL: 12Pack

Just be glad your parents are "cool" about it because some kids parents make them sell the car.

Anyways do you have any ideas what your going to to?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:53 PM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

not to be a dick or anything, but getting tickets like that is the reason other teenagers have to pay so much for insurance.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:55 PM
12Pack
2nd Gear Member

I like it a lot, I like how there isnt all that extra efi junk under the hood, but i have had my own problems, I just put a new carb on and the throttle kept sticking at high idle, easy fix with a few washers. I dont like how it needs to warm up first or it just dies on me, but i couldnt be happier.

Quick Reply: Mustang might go bye bye