5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

A few questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2003, 02:35 AM
Prowler

Default A few questions

<FONT face=Tahoma size=2>I was a Honda junkie, but sold my car because I wanted something with decent power. So....
I found a 95 GT. I have quite a few questions about the car before I deal with the car lot on it tomorrow.
First, what's a decent price to ask? I'm in MT and the NADA Guide says about $7300 and I think that's fair to ask. It has 95k miles, teal, perfect interior and exterior, and is a manual. The lot wants a crazy price of $9k.
I was reading reviews, both editor and consumer reviews, and I know how big of an aftermarket support there is. So how long would the engine last with "normal" driving. One guy said he's had a few 5.0's and they all went over 200k miles. That's exactly what I'm looking for. A car that I can build up and the engine will last a long time.
Also, what are some good sites/companies to buy parts from?
About the sound system, what is the Mach system it comes with?
This car is beautiful and I want to make sure that if I spend this much money (just graduated from HS), the car will last a long time if treated with care.
Any known problems or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks for answering any questions! </FONT>
Old 06-01-2003, 12:31 PM
converted
2nd Gear Member

Default A few questions

Don't spend 9K. Fight them on that price and if they don't sell for about what NADA price is then look elsewhere. Look on EBAY. Some 94 and 95 GT's have buy it now prices for about 7500 with under 100,000 miles on them. Also, check kbb.com to see what their prices are. Good luck and happy shopping. The car will be worth the hunt.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Citizen

Default A few questions

I just bought my wife a 95 GT 5-Speed, 98K miles. I got it for $6400. Engine runs wonderful, but it did have a few cosmetic problems which I am quickly fixing.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:38 AM
MichelleC

Default A few questions

Like converted said...kbb.com is always helpful in determining a price. I paid $16,500 for my used 95 convertible GT 4 years ago (only had 33,000 miles on it), so I'd agree that $9000 is a little steep...keep looking and good luck!</P>

The Mach 460 system is nice, but I did replace my stereo to include a cd player. It's got8 speakers and 2 amps in the trunk...the sound is great...</P>
Old 06-12-2003, 11:48 AM
WhiteHawk
2nd Gear Member

Default A few questions

9k is a bit much.....You shouldn't pay more than 7,500 - 8,000. The car will last long if you care for it. - subscribe to Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords and also to 5.0 Mustangs and SuperFords. You will find an eternity of sites to visit online, pricing, specials, technical details etc... -- I had a '79 that I sold on it with 500,000 miles...yes, I sold it cause it was still running great...I'm not saying that all of them run that good, but they will last a while with good care. </P>

The Mach 460 system is very nice. </P>

MT eh? --- Great place to have fun on a Mustang. -- Shop around, be wise, don't haste and don't be a consumer victim. -- remember there are just so many mustangs around and so many parts available that you do not have to secumb to ANY dealer.</P>

wow...I sound like Socrates....hehehehe---- Great Luck and congrats!</P>