5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ok.. so i think i found another stang i like (now pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

Default ok.. so i think i found another stang i like (now pics)

heres its description...

This is a1992 Supercharged Ford Mustang.The car started as a LX and was converted to a Cobra.The motor has 6000 miles on the freshly rebuilt block.The car had 75000 miles on it when i bought it.When i got the car i completly rebuilt it from the ground up.Since the car has been finished i have put 18000 miles on it.The motor has a Cobra upper and lower intake,30lb injectors and mass air meter,70mm throttlebody,1.6 SVO roller rockers,Eldebrock aluminum heads,high valume oil pump,adjustable fuel pressure regulater,Ford 8.8mm plug wires,and a Vortech supercharger with 8lbs of boost.Under the hood there is also a Ford three core aluminum radiator,a 6AL with BTM MSD box,and a Steeda radiator hold down bracket.A/C and smog pump eliminator brackets have also been installed.The exaust system is two and a half inches all the way back.It starts with BBK equal lenght headers in to a BBK off road h-pipe.The car has two chamber Flowmaster mufflers in to two and a half inch pipes out the back.The drive trane has a Tremec 3550,King Cobra clutch,Hurst short throw shifter,aluminum drive shaft,drive shaft loop,and 373 Ford gears in the rear end.The body is connected with Steeda subframe connecters.The rear end has Eldebrock adjustable upper control arms and non adjustable lowers.The car has been lowered with Ford motor sport springs.Polyurathane bushings have been installed in all under carrage including motor mounts and transsmision.The 2000 Cobra brakes have 13inch rotors with duel piston calipers in the front.The rear has 11inch rotors which have not been installed.Ido have all the hardware for the rear brakes and will go with the car.The wheels are 18inch Steeda's with brand new G-force drag radials on the rear.The interior is in great shape.It is all black with white face gauges,boost and fuel pressure gauges mounted on the A-piller,and a MSD pinpoint shift light.The car was disassembled and refinished four years ago.It now has Cobra ground effects,and spoiler,Cobra rear wing,Cobra R hood,and stalker front cover.The car is garaged year round and only driven on weekends.This is a 500+ horse powerd 11second car.It is also a very dependable car.It is a sleeper and a one of a kind. The car is a five speed not a automatic.
now a few questions... its that realistically a 500 hp car? and do you think it could be a daily driver??

it seems pretty legit to me, its pretty close to me also, so ill prolly go check it out sometime soon.

i did ask the guy a few questions but waiting for a reply...

what do you think? and what do you think it would be worth?? any other questions i should ask the seller? any other comments?? i need all the help i can get! Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:06 AM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Default RE: ok.. so i think i found another stang i like

to him, its probably worth 15-20k, i wouldn't pay more than 10-11
Old 11-23-2006, 04:08 AM
FordMustangXBA
4th Gear Member

It's definitely worth at least 12-15k if it's in basically mint condition.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:10 AM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

ya it does look really good, its white with white wheels, and its got black interior that isnt bad, but not perfect.. doesnt look like he really cleaned the interior before he took the pics.. but idk.

hmm didnt really think it was gonna be worth that much lol but idk as soon as the guy responds i should know.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

well anyone got any comments, ideas, or other questions i should ask the seller? im trying to be as prepared as possible before i give him a price.
Old 11-23-2006, 02:52 PM
ih8chevy
5th Gear Member

offer him 11k for it

it looks excellent man i would jump on it, one question doesnt 500 wheel hp for a fox make it a 10 sec car
but all the same it is worth it go get it for 11k
Old 11-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Mowin8603
3rd Gear Member

see i dont have 11k lol i was hopeing it would be more in the ball park of like 8-9,500 range... it was on ebay and the auction just ended and it ended at $7,450. the reserve wasnt met, so i emailed him and asked what the reserve was and said maybe id be able to get closer than the auction did. but heres some pics of it..

ya not to sure about the cow spots.. but i wouldnt care enough to have the intake and other parts taken off to get repainted.. id just leave it.

so whatcha think??
Old 11-23-2006, 03:11 PM
frdmstng1986GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mowin8603

see i dont have 11k lol i was hopeing it would be more in the ball park of like 8-9,500 range... it was on ebay and the auction just ended and it ended at $7,450. the reserve wasnt met, so i emailed him and asked what the reserve was and said maybe id be able to get closer than the auction did. but heres some pics of it..

<--- So f-ing ugly[&:]

<--- Still ugly[&:][&:]

ya not to sure about the cow spots.. but i wouldnt care enough to have the intake and other parts taken off to get repainted.. id just leave it.(i wouldnt be caught dead with a cow spot painted motor.)
so whatcha think??

nice car..but just cause of the cow spots.. i wouldnt even think twice about buying it. i would just keep looking.. you can get a much nicer fox for the amount you are wanting to spend. just way to gay for me man.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Evil_F
3rd Gear Member

That looks great! I really like what he did with the motor, LOL.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:15 PM
93must
3rd Gear Member

Holy crap the interior looks like s***! The cow theme would have to go also! And im not really sure how he is getting 500+HP out of that set up?

Quick Reply: ok.. so i think i found another stang i like (now pics)