5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

I'm back....I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:40 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm back....I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??

Thanks for all the replies.

I got to work 3 shifts for the fire deptand got to actually put out a fire and and handle a couple of bad rollover wrecks with ejections and helicopter medi-vacsand all. Then during our physical fitness hour I break the leg( go figure..)

I think the hardest part of all this is that I have to now drive the wifes explorer and she gets the stang.

at 5' 7", 120lbs, blondand a brand spankin new boob job and she is cruisin in the vert, I may be left in the dust looking for a new wife before too long also.
(DR. said I could drive automatic now, as long as i didn't take my percocet or valium)

I am hoping and striving for 110% recovery as I need the fire job for income and family survival. If I can get it to come back to full duty status, I will be able to shift and it may be great everyday therapy for the leg as I sheared off the shin bone where it makes the bottom of the knee. they put it back together with plates and pins but had to remove some sort of pad that was in there. ( I am actively searching for a vendor to see if I can find some new old stock- or a company to fabricate one for me--- permatex is not a viable option)

Never a dull moment!!!!

Old 01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm back....I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??

Ouchy, sorry to hear about that man. Try to get healed up real quick, and dont sell the stang, you'll be able to drive it again. And dont let that wifey go either
Old 01-06-2007, 07:55 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

oh yea.... workman's comp is great- I get paid to watch Jerry Springer and cops all day.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:58 PM
tmajikman
5th Gear Member

Get yourself a beater automatic for now and let the stang rest, and keep the wife, good luck with your leg.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
94gtcoupe
5th Gear Member

+1 on not letting the wifey drive the stang expecialy if she's as good looking as u say...bones get stronger after they heal from break (takes a while some times) but you'll be able to drive it again, i broke myshin in over 5 places when i was 18 andmy shin is actualy stronger than my other one now
Old 01-06-2007, 08:13 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94gtcoupe

+1 on not letting the wifey drive the stang expecialy if she's as good looking as u say...bones get stronger after they heal from break (takes a while some times) but you'll be able to drive it again, i broke myshin in over 5 places when i was 18 andmy shin is actualy stronger than my other one now
very true your bones heal stronger where they brake then the rest of the bone you will be fine and the clutch is deff a good physical thearopy for your leg when your up and walking again
Old 03-26-2007, 11:14 PM
squad272
2nd Gear Member

Default UPDATE!!!RE: I'm back..I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??

You all have the right answers, everytime!!!!!!!

I have been walking weightbearing and no more wheel chair or walker. I can bend the knee to about 110 degrees which just happens to be enough to shift my stang. whooda thunk? I have met 2 other stangers here in therapy and we have been talking about starting a local Stang club as we cannot find one that already exists. we may just have injured owners to start with. thinking about calling it Weleen Mustangs(get it?) They are already calling me I-lene at the firehouse.

Thanks for all the encouragement when I thought I was down for the count.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:12 AM
AlabamaCobra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE!!!RE: I'm back..I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??

if your wife just had a boob job, did you have penile enlargement and thats your "clutch leg" or what.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:17 AM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: UPDATE!!!RE: I'm back..I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??

ORIGINAL: AlabamaCobra

if your wife just had a boob job, did you have penile enlargement and thats your "clutch leg" or what.
Ok lets knock it off. No need for such comments!!!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:22 AM
91stang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HACKGT350

very true your bones heal stronger where they brake then the rest of the bone you will be fine and the clutch is deff a good physical thearopy for your leg when your up and walking again
if his clutch is as stiff as mine then it might be kinda painful

Quick Reply: I'm back....I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO SELL CAR BUT possible clutch/ leg problem -any ideas??