5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Anybody care to guess? (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:26 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Default Anybody care to guess? (PICS)

The front edge of my passenger door isn't quite flush with the rear edge of my front fender panel. Does anyone know how this may have happened? Futhermore, what can I do to fix it...cheaply?

Old 03-04-2007, 02:40 AM
mcfomco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anybody care to guess? (PICS)

(Whistling the theme to Jeporady)
Old 03-04-2007, 02:41 AM
mcfomco
3rd Gear Member

Is the lower door bushing still intact.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 AM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

you can loosen the fender bolt at the top, when you open the door.and at the bottom ,under the fender at the lip. and move the fender to where it looks right. just take your time. it would be a good idea to put some tape on your edges of the door and fender till your done, to save the paint.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mcfomco

Is the lower door bushing still intact.
I 'm not sure. Actually, I just remembered that the upper hinge looks a little funny on that door. I haven't looked at it in over a year, but I think it looks like it's pulled away from the door frame a hair. I'll have to take a look tomorrow; it's been a while and I can't remember what it looks like. The door opens and closes beautifully though.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:51 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

Double post.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbosha

you can loosen the fender bolt at the top, when you open the door.and at the bottom ,under the fender at the lip. and move the fender to where it looks right. just take your time. it would be a good idea to put some tape on your edges of the door and fender till your done, to save the paint.
Thanks, Turbosha. Hopefully it's just that easy. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow, but I think the gap is true at the top and bottom, and only off in the center. It's as though just that part of the door sustained an impact; however, there are no signs of an impact other than this.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:01 AM
turbosha
3rd Gear Member

looks to me like something pushed up from the bottom of the fender, bubbling it out. did you jack the car up recently, if you didnt get on the subframe it could of happened. how about jumping a curb. and bottoming out?[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
Old 03-04-2007, 03:20 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: turbosha

looks to me like something pushed up from the bottom of the fender, bubbling it out. did you jack the car up recently, if you didnt get on the subframe it could of happened. how about jumping a curb. and bottoming out?[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
I haven't done any of those things. Can't vouch for previous owners though. The subframes themselves look a little crushed up from jacking, but the frame and body look fine from underneath. Actually, it just occured to me. Maybe there was an impact, but it was on the rubberized trim, so didn't leave a mark. Hmm.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Twisted
5th Gear Member

The weird thing is, when looking at the door and fender separately, both look flat and straight. It only when looking at them together that the gap looks off.

Quick Reply: Anybody care to guess? (PICS)