5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need help with setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:34 AM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

Default need help with setup

Starting with the car. Its bone stock 95 cobra...Im trying to meet a goal of still passing california emissions. Running high 10's, low 11's or trap around 130mph. While still being streetable...I was thinking of going with a Dart 351w but it will require me to have atleast a 205cc head or so with turbo. Which also are probably not emissions friendly. So that’s kinda out of the question, correct me If im wrong. Im not sure wheather to run a dart 351w with 185cc or TFS heads, although being a small head for the size. Im not sure it will meet the power goal or work out? so I have to keep it a 302 or so cubic in. range to keep it emissions friendly. I was thinking of having a A4 or dart 302 and run more boost and keep it emissions legal. Instead of running a dart 351 and having huge heads and cam to move the air of the turbo. That donesnt pass emissions.
So Rethinking a new combo, I was thinking Dart or A4 block, 302 CI, AFR 185 heads(emissions legal) or Trick flow track heat heads , TFS track heat intake, stock cobra cam or E-cam or tfs stg1 cam, Cartech sn95 street sleep turbo kit,42#inj or bigger,70mm tb, 80mm maf,255lph fuel pump+255lph out tank),aermotive fuel rail and line etc and supporting mods...G-force 6-speed trans, 3.27 gears. Tubular k, and so on, and so on. OR
Is it a better combo to do the dart 351w, afr185(emissions) TFS R 351 intake, custom cam, cartech sn95 OUTlaw kit. with supporting mods... that will possibly pass emissions, but will have a smaller head for a 351, will that cause any problems? OR would it be better to go with a 302, instead of 351, or is there other ways of Running high 10's, low 11's or trap around 130mph, or a better combo keeping stock cobra motor with forged postions, and cartech turbo kit, will that meet the goals? Possible? [/align]
Old 03-25-2007, 02:39 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: need help with setup

your not gonna pass cali emmissions.... so dont even try
Old 03-25-2007, 03:47 AM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

how do I get around that?
Old 03-25-2007, 05:24 AM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

ttt
Old 03-25-2007, 05:26 AM
stangman94
4th Gear Member

You pay people
Old 03-25-2007, 06:36 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i didn't think there was a street legal turbo kit due to most of them say you have to remove the smog pump
Old 03-25-2007, 09:22 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

i didn't think there was a street legal turbo kit due to most of them say you have to remove the smog pump
DING DING DING!!!!!

Jasper is correct!
Old 03-25-2007, 04:14 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

car tech kits, you dont have to remove any smog equip...educate yourself atturbomustangs the cartech turbo kit keep ALL factory components I copied this from turbomustangs.com>>>>>>>>

All flanges that use a gasket (header flange, turbo inlet/outlet, and wastegate inlet/outlet) are ½” thick and ground flat prior to welding for a completely leak free joint. V-band flanges have been incorporated between the headers and cross over pipe, and between the down pipe and y-pipe to complete a leak free system that does not rely on gaskets to seal. An industrial flex joint has been added to the cross over pipe to allow for heat cycle expansion and contraction to take place without cracking the tubing. This also allows for variations in engine configurations and manufacturing tolerances of other components and still ensures a worry free fit. All kits include y-pipe to hook into H-pipe (not included) using factory style ball sockets, and an oil filter relocation kit standard. Stainless Steel hot pipes.

Options

HPC coating on all hot parts, larger BOV, larger turbo, larger wastegate, 1-3/4" headers. You may also choose to eliminate some of the extras like the gauge.

Fitment Mods

All components have been designed to clear all factory accessories, brackets, and sub-systems with a very minimal amount of modifications. The kit will work on cars with factory sway bars, anti-lock brakes, A/C, air pump, and lowered chassis’s
....that being said, why wont it pass emissions if its a totally stock cobra, with cartech turbo kit. the only difference is adding boost, bigger inj, bigger fuel pump...and some stronger clutch/trans/rear...how will it fail emission? I know people with vortech chargers passing emission. why wont it with turbo....Or does "ADDERMK2" not have a **** clue what hes talikng about and just posts to be a post whorewhore...sounds like hes full of ****...IDK I could be wrong
Old 03-25-2007, 04:21 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

my dad has a F-350 powerstroker...its turbo'd factory and it passes emmitions obivously.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:29 PM
90Mustangfan
I ♥ Acer

you guy dont know **** about **** you fools...and you didnt even answer any questions from my initial post...I feel bad for people like addermk2, you just posts just because Jasperstang308said **** thathe doesnt even know about....you poor fools...Its sad that your that way...sad part about it is addermk2, you probally are poor and make very little money...best part about it I make 3 times the money you make...keep saving your money you might someday you mightbecome rich like me..haha, best part about it is living rich is the best revenge. haha, you fool, acting like you dont know...

Quick Reply: need help with setup