Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Sponsored by Weld Racing

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
rcdblink716
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: TKO 600 Install

Alright then I'm ordering a crossmember for it because mine isn't as easy as sliding it back. I have a cross brace in my frame that the cross member bolts to. That would mean I would have to cut the entire brace out and move it back. I'm pretty sure mustangs unlimited makes a crossmember for it.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

1965 GT Coupe
342 Stroker
5 speed

1998 Ford f-150 XLT
rcdblink716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
csouther

Sorry to ressurect this thread...

I installed a TKO600 in my 65 mustang that has a roller 347 that's fuel injected with a EEEIV A9L Mass Air setup. I am having a hard time getting the built in speed sensor to work with the ECU. The signals don't seem to match. It thinks i'm going WAY faster than I actually am.

What did you guys do for a VSS setup on your Fox's, since we have the same engine?
csouther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #13
hollister
1st Gear Member

Not to hijack the thread, but I have installed a tko 600 in a 2003 mach 1 and have significant vibration at high speeds. Does anyone know approx. how much I would have to shim the trans to get the stock driveshaft angle back?
Old 01-01-2014, 11:51 PM   #14
Duncan_GT
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 95 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollister View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I have installed a tko 600 in a 2003 mach 1 and have significant vibration at high speeds. Does anyone know approx. how much I would have to shim the trans to get the stock driveshaft angle back?
Wrong section. Did you check pinion angle? Index the bellhousing? TKO's have very tight tolerances iirc. I'm not sure on the 99-04 models if you need a driveshaft spacer or not. Are you running one? I know with the 94-95 cars, a spacer is required when running a fox style bell, and normally a higher speed vibration is a result. Have you had the driveshaft checked/balanced?

Soon to come: 393 stroker
351w bored .030, Probe Industries forged internals, Trickflow 205's, FTI custom cam, Trickflow R 90mm intake, Accufab 90mm TB, FRPP 42lb injectors, 1 3/4" custom Accufab LT's, 3" exhaust, MS2
Duncan_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 AM   #15
primetime5.0
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 88 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime5.0 View Post
I have one as well, I put an MGW on it and it shifts even smoother. Great trans!
LOL at my old post.. Screw TKO's would never buy another one. Auto FTW
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
50, 600, astro, bellhousing, chevy, compared, custom, driveshaft, install, latemodel, mustang, photos, problems, t5, tko, tko600, tremec