5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

300zx vs gt, winner?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 10:48 PM
Killnboy

Default 300zx vs gt, winner?

what was your point in showing that a mustang 6 cylinder is equal with your car?
Old 04-09-2003, 10:52 PM
351stang

<blockquote>Quote: Originally posted by Killnboy on 09 April 2003<hr>
See us american cars are naturally aspired, since we don't need them, unless you wanna put one on your 5.0 and run like 8s...... bitch and yes i want to make an arguement

<hr></blockquote>

ok then why does a stock 5.0 have 215hp, and a stock NON-TURBOCHARGED(that means it does not have turbos) v6 nissan have 222hp? damn you have 2 more liters and 2 more cylinders, and cant even match the hp of a little v6? i thought you didnt need turbos?? and putting a turbo on a 5.0 would cause it to promptly blow a rod through the side of the block since they are such weak engines stock. the stock nissan block will handle 800hp without breaking, but the 5.0 needs a crank, and rods to get past 450 usually, so there goes your "ill run 8's theory". and im not just talking sh*t either, this is from experience, somthing you obviosly dont have.

Old 04-09-2003, 10:59 PM
351stang

what was your point in showing that a mustang 6 cylinder is equal with your car?

<hr></blockquote>

i dont have my z anymore, i sold it, but this discussion makes me wish i still had it. and how do you think a v6 mustang is gonna keep up with a 300hp car? are you that stupid? hell there has never been a v8 mustang made that could keep up with it stock, with exception to the new cobra, but thats to be expected since it took ford 13 years to match the performance of a nissan v6.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:11 PM
CadetLee

See us american cars are naturally aspired, since we don't need them, unless you wanna put one on your 5.0 and run like 8s...... bitch and yes i want to make an arguement

<hr></blockquote>

Naturally aspired? lol...

How many 5.0s are in the 8s with just a supercharger? Just curious..because I don't know of anything running 8s with forced induction alone (cars, that is).

I honestly don't see why you guys hate imports so much. I'm on a few import forums, and they (the vast majority, anyways) respect domestics..no reason why you shouldn't do the same for them. If you feel like your Mustang makes you better than some other guy with his MR2, Supra, or whatever, fine..but don't go hating them for it. Respect is a two way street. =)

&lt;/opinion&gt;

FYI -- there's an "edit" button..you don't need to post four times in a row.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:22 PM
351stang

<blockquote>Quote: Originally posted by CadetLee on 09 April 2003<hr>
Naturally aspired? lol...

How many 5.0s are in the 8s with just a supercharger? Just curious..because I don't know of anything running 8s with forced induction alone (cars, that is).

I honestly don't see why you guys hate imports so much. I'm on a few import forums, and they (the vast majority, anyways) respect domestics..no reason why you shouldn't do the same for them. If you feel like your Mustang makes you better than some other guy with his MR2, Supra, or whatever, fine..but don't go hating them for it. Respect is a two way street. =)

&lt;/opinion&gt; <hr></blockquote>

exactly. you are the first person ive seen on here with any sense. i dont even own an import anymore, but i have much respect for alot of them. with what other car on earth besides a supra, can you bolt on a huge turbo, and make 900hp without touching the internals of the motor?..........definately NOT a mustang, and i respect the imports for that. modding my 300zx was the easiest thing on earth to make 400hp. all i did was add a chip, exh, and intake. try to make 400 that easy on a 5.0. these people are morons, for thinking that just because they have a v8, that it automatically makes them better than an import.
Old 04-09-2003, 11:50 PM
CadetLee

I must say, though -- I would really love to pick up a Mustang...saw a nice Cobra today..can't wait until I finish college..bleh. =)
Old 04-10-2003, 01:38 AM
gusbustamantejr

I have a 94 Auto BONE STOCK and it feels pretty slow. But I am used to my Vette. I think this thing needs gears real bad to let it rev up faster. A B303 cam, Headers, and exhaust would liven it up. Also, mine is a vert so its heavier. A 5 speed coupe is a different car altogether.

A TT 300 zx would beat the Auto Stang by a lot in my opinion. The non turbos are pigs though. I have raced a TT 300 z when I had an NSX with headers and exhaust. The 300 must not have been stock, because he got me, and the NSX used to do low 12's.

The best thing about the Mustang in my opinion is the price of hop-up parts. You can get one moving pretty fast with very little $$$ compared to other cars.

Be careful of any Turbo car.......

I am going to design my own custom TT system for the Vette, Turbo is the best power adder of all!
Old 04-10-2003, 01:43 AM
jeep45238
I ♥ Acer

<blockquote>Quote: Originally posted by 351stang on 09 April 2003<hr>
<blockquote>Quote: <hr>
ok then why does a stock 5.0 have 215hp, and a stock NON-TURBOCHARGED(that means it does not have turbos) v6 nissan have 222hp? damn you have 2 more liters and 2 more cylinders, and cant even match the hp of a little v6?

and putting a turbo on a 5.0 would cause it to promptly blow a rod through the side of the block since they are such weak engines stock.

the stock nissan block will handle 800hp without breaking, but the 5.0 needs a crank, and rods to get past 450 usually, so there goes your "ill run 8's theory". and im not just talking sh*t either, this is from experience, somthing you obviosly dont have.

<hr></blockquote>

*steps up on soapbox*

Here's some nifty little info for the un-informed, wanna sound cool guy I just quoted:

A. It's not about horses. It's about torque. Something Domestic motors, ESPECIALLY V8's are known for, weather n/a or f/i.

B. The 5.0 can make 500 horses on a completely BONE STOCK motor. http://www.turbodrivenconcepts.com makes a turbo kit that acomplishes this, along with 750 horses on a stock bottom end. There are drag turbo kits capable of 1900 plus horses, with a block that's been o-ringed w/ ARP head bolts and copper gaskets. YOU need to do your research before you yack and look like a moron.

C. You sir, know NOTHING about the 5.0 motor and are making weakly based asumptions. You also, heaven forbid, know NOTHING about this lil V6 vs the lil V8. More displacement, more torque, more cylinders, MUCH more potential. This all coming from a General Motors guy.

In closing, do NOT come on here acting like you know everything and everybody else is right. You WILL be caught in your lies and be made a fool. Get your f**kin act together and shut it.

*steps down*
Old 04-10-2003, 03:48 AM
351stang

*looks and wonders how pathetic someone is for pretending to step up on a soapbox??, and making gay little astrics to sybolize him doing it*

A. the turbocharged 300zx engine at higher than stock boost levels makes much more torque than horsepower. i know b/c i dynoed 376rwhp and 405rwtq at 14psi of boost on stock turbos. on the n/a motor it will make a difference off the line 1/4 racing from a stop, but from a roll the 222hp z engine is going to start pulling and passing the stang. nobody said they were going from a stop did they?

B. i have built several 5.0's, and you are the one who needs to do the research. the cast crank on the 5.0, will not last long at all at 500hp, and the injectors wont make it nowhere near that far. when tuning a turbocharged engine to its peak, you will encounter detonation and its all over for the pistons, crank, or rods at some point. your never gonna get 500hp reliably like a z motor. PERIOD. as for the 750hp, you can just reread above about the 500hp.

C. i know more about this motor than you think. my conclusions arent based on asumtions, they are based on working in a machine shop for 6 years, and watching motor after motor come in, and hearing the stories about what happened to them. in *stock* form they have more displacement, but alot less potential because they are not as strong as the z's all forged internals. now in modified form, you can do more with the 5.0 b/c of the aftermarket, but i never said anything about the motor not having potential in modified form, they just SUCK in stock form. and you are the moron for not realizing that.

thank you for making a FOOL of YOURSELF, b/c your ignorance has really made for a good laugh. when you know what your talking about please come back again. until thin STFU, AND SIT DOWN.

sincerely,

YOUR OWNER
Old 04-10-2003, 04:13 PM
devins

I just have to make a comment about the making 900 horsepower with a stock Supra motor. That is nonsense. Any engine at that power level needs major mods. Same with a 5.0 motor. The Westech dyno book for 5.0's shows a stock bottom end 302 making 638 horsepower. Granted at that level parts won't live long but they did go on to say at the 500+ level that very motor lived a long life in autocross racing.

I personally don't hate imports. I hate imports that "act" bigger than they are. Stupid loud blow off valves and 5" trash can exhaust pipes. Every import at the local track here blew chunks running 14-15 second qtr's. With noss... The only fast one was a turbo gutted drag Civic running 10's. The crowd almost choked because it was the first fast fart box they had seen all night.

Quick Reply: 300zx vs gt, winner?