5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

all street racer, please reply

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Aliate X
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: all street racer, please reply

ORIGINAL: bov92

i am in my senior year of high school, doin my thesis on street racing, i need the opinions of real racers, not just the kids i hang out with.... please reply.

Most of us dont street race because we always win and it gets old after a while. The track is where the real competition is at.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:11 PM
Dbeck002
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Aliate X

ORIGINAL: bov92

i am in my senior year of high school, doin my thesis on street racing, i need the opinions of real racers, not just the kids i hang out with.... please reply.

Most of us dont street race because we always win and it gets old after a while. The track is where the real competition is at.

[sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif][sm=exactly.gif]
Old 03-17-2005, 07:58 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

i did a paper on it last year, im assuming hes asking pur opinion on street racing if its good/bad or whatever...
Old 03-17-2005, 11:40 PM
roundman
5th Gear Member

street racing is not DRAG RACING! Drag racing takes place on a licensed, sanctioned drag strip, not the streets. Street racing is just plain wrong to do.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Ezrider
2nd Gear Member

street racing is not only illegal but can be deadly, other cars actions are two unpredictable and you never know when somone is going to turn from an side street, better to go to a track where there are 1 cars the both know where the other is going and theres an concret wall between them. i guess hondas can get away with it cause they cant go over 60mph anywhaz
Old 03-18-2005, 02:58 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roundman

street racing is not DRAG RACING! Drag racing takes place on a licensed, sanctioned drag strip, not the streets. Street racing is just plain wrong to do.
Maybe, but everybody does it. I know how wrong and how dangerous it is but every once in awhile I get an itch to show up somebody asking for a butt-whoopin'. It's part of being a guy in a sports car.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

i go watch street racing every weekend, i am too scared of loosing my license to participate much, i ran this boy one night in a cobra a few times one night but I was scared to go above like 70, the speed limit was 55, well now that i think about it I have done it with a few other stangs and a few LS1's but I am not proud of it.. I have lost my license twice when I was younger so I just dont have the ***** to do a lot of steet racing. I like to do it at the track.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:10 AM
91hatchgt
5th Gear Member

If you drive your Mustang on the street, you are going to street race, even if it is not really a race (which it usually isn't LOL) That is the plain facts. Everyone can say how wrong and how dangerous it is, but like previously stated, everybody does it.

I have also been to a street racing scene, but would not get out of the car, and I parked about 2 blocks away from where the racing was actually taking place. I think those races where the kids line up and race between hundreds of their friends is plain stupidity, and frankly it is just emberassing to even be seen there, especially in a respected car such as a Mustang.

That's my two cents. Good luck with your paper.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:17 PM
BlackGT5.0
1st Gear Member

i agree w. 91 hatch if you own a fast car some *** hole is gonna rev. up you most "real" racers dont race any *** hole they wait till they're not sure they'll win but we all race maybe not at some bs fast and furious crap thats way to risky n i've seen to many wrecks its not worth it but when the time is right some ws6 revs its alll gonna be over the more you street race the more lickly you are gonna get caught cops wach for us so guys take it easy and take it to the track
Old 03-19-2005, 12:46 AM

ORIGINAL: davemurray

Dude!
WTF Was that?
What do you want an opinion?
Let me be the first who answers.....
First go to any ricer, forum..there you will get hundreds of replies in minutes,you'll get stories on how their 4 cyl beat the hell outa a cobra and how they smash V8 all day long.
Then come back!
You'll see!
You're a moron.

thread starter: waht do you want opinions on?

why street racers race?
where?
Whats the mentality?

examples and specifics would help.

Quick Reply: all street racer, please reply