5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

ideas/questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:53 PM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

Default ideas/questions.

Just curious to know how often you guys change your spark plugs, plug wires, rotor, distributor, cap, fuel filter, air filter, etc.

I think im going to do a full tune up with all the best parts, change all my filters, and fix my egr valve codes. Then do my h/c/i. The money will soon be here so the thoughts are flying.

Ive got a ton of money to blow on the fox, however dont know what im gonna do. At first I was thinking a simple gt40 heads, explorer intake, and tfs1 cam. Now im thinking more along the lines of a Trickflow 360hp package.

My question is though, is the package worth it, or can i build something better that = same or more hp cheaper? I am currently trying to build my 302 up to be a very strong N/A vehicle.

I am going to be buying a new car/truck as a daily driver here soon, but I think im going to go to the dark rice side. We get A LOT of snow out here at times in iowa, and rain allllll the time. I think a nice awd vehicle would be fun. I hate rice, but have had a 300zx in the past etc. I dunno, just something im tossing around. Are there any good quick awd vehicles that arent real real ricey?

If you guys wanted to blow lets say 25k how would you do it?

I could go out and buy a new mustang, although i would rather not. The value/price of the car drops as you drive it off the lot lol. However it is nice to know whats up with your car and whats been done, no accidents, no issues, etc.

I am thinking about dropping 5k on my fox, and then 20k on a nice newish daily driver thats awd. Maybe more like 25 though, who knows.

Anyways let me know what you all think.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ideas/questions.

ORIGINAL: 92cobra

Just curious to know how often you guys change your spark plugs, plug wires, rotor, distributor, cap, fuel filter, air filter, etc.
Every 2 years. In my case, every 6000 miles. Fluids every year.

If you guys wanted to blow lets say 25k how would you do it?
House down payment. Or, 3 of the world's nicest Fox Mustangs and 2 of the world's nicest box body s-10s. You'd be set for about 25 years. Buying new cars is silly.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:20 PM
92cobra
4th Gear Member

ya i agree that buying new cars is silly, but buying newer like a 2003 or a low milage 2004 cobra wouldnt be bad =P
Old 02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

Bleh... I love my Fox too much... I sat in an '07 GT at the Detroit autoshow last year, and I just flat didn't like it. I came home and took my '91 for a spin and smiled.

All kidding aside, if you want something that goes in all weather and won't break the bank, look for an XJ Jeep Cherokee... Super simple to work on, cheap parts, and the EFI is even more def to the world than EEC. 4.0L Jeep motors will run until time stops. A SUPER nice one will set you back like $7500. A super cheap one can be had for like $400.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

I think you should save your money!! did you have a thread a few months ago about a ton of medical bills asking for donationsand being laid up due to a broken back/??[&:]