5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

BBK H-Pipe fitment problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Default RE: BBK H-Pipe fitment problems

ORIGINAL: Novipowered5.0

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

ORIGINAL: Magic_Man

There's only 1 way to put it on. Thanks for the info though!
take pictures and post them... you might have gotten a 4.6l piece
After 12K + posts don't you think this would have been a little more productive?
stupid members get stupid answers... I already told him to post pics, and he gave an attitude
Old 02-17-2008, 10:53 PM
wildsurfer92
3rd Gear Member

Yea pics would help alot so we know what you are working with exactly
Old 02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Magic_Man
2nd Gear Member

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2881...48365468lBtgDQ

Flame away!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
LTnone
4th Gear Member

At least from that angle it doesn't look like the same pipe (cats aside, obviously). You can see on mine how the pipes are offset but look to be roughly the same length. Doesn't appear to be the case with that pipe, from what I can distinguish. I don't know what a 4.6 pipe looks like and maybe I'm half retarded but it looks wrong. You know the wide end fits to the headers, right?
Old 02-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Magic_Man
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LTnone

At least from that angle it doesn't look like the same pipe (cats aside, obviously). You can see on mine how the pipes are offset but look to be roughly the same length. Doesn't appear to be the case with that pipe, from what I can distinguish. I don't know what a 4.6 pipe looks like and maybe I'm half retarded but it looks wrong. You know the wide end fits to the headers, right?
You'll notice mine are offset as well. Furthermore, the sticker on the pipe itself says it's the correct one for my car.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:23 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: LTnone

lol, dick!

hopefully this helps, this is a top view of the H pipe

I dont mean to be a dick... but I asked for pics, we have to start with your problem somewhere... otherwise, its all just a guessing game!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:29 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

from looking at your pic, it seems the smart thing to do (in your case) would be to attach the front pipes seperately from the H.

get them on and snug, but not tight.. then try to get the rest of it in place by moving the ends of the pipes to align it
Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Magic_Man
2nd Gear Member

from looking at your pic, it seems the smart thing to do (in your case) would be to attach the front pipes seperately from the H.

get them on and snug, but not tight.. then try to get the rest of it in place by moving the ends of the pipes to align it
It doesn't line up right & there's no way the o2 sensor is going in there b/c there is no room for it when it lines up anywhere near right (still not right though)

I thought I was pretty clear
Old 02-18-2008, 08:55 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Magic_Man

It doesn't line up right & there's no way the o2 sensor is going in there b/c there is no room for it when it lines up anywhere near right (still not right though)

I thought I was pretty clear
Are you asking for someone to do if for you? You asked for help and a couple of people are trying to give it to you. In your initial post you said you hoped they sent you the wrong piece. When people ask for pics you become pissy. When someone say's that again they would like to see pics to make sure it's not a 4.6 piece you post pics and then say it has to be right because the "sticker" say's so. If you dont like the tech advise that was given then you should not feel obligated to pay them. Just keep your check and maybe call the district manager and complain.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
BRYAN ROGERS

The full rundown on this situation is posted here.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthrea...769&page=5

To read BBK's responses and replys look for posts by Bryan Rogers

Quick Reply: BBK H-Pipe fitment problems