5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Scat or Eagle rotating assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 12:01 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: Scat or Eagle rotating assembly?

ORIGINAL: tyler72

Yeah, you didn't answer my question, so you need not say anything about that. Oh, and saying that I installed a part wrong which caused it to fail when you don't know the whole story, or saying that I don't know what I am doing isn't constructive critism. It is ignorance. You think that since youve got that Tech certified logo on your name that you're better than everybody and you know more.
Look we'll end this right now..cause I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual.....but I must say how can you call me ignorant and assume I think I'm better than you??? did I mention that anywhere??hmm no and yuor assumption of the tech certified label......hmmmm you couldn't be more wrong........my true fellings on labels are here floating around on a thread..I'll let you do the searching for it and you'd feel real ignorant after reading it as to what you just said....but to answer your question if you must go with scat....better track record...and If I have upset you in anywayI apologize.....and don't be so jealous of the label below my name ..if you want it take it..if you feel you can better represent it have it...findthe thread and you'll see what I mean.and good night to you sir
Old 02-23-2008, 12:29 AM
tyler72
3rd Gear Member

Thank you, thats all I needed to hear. I just wanted to know which people prefeered more, eagle or scat. The lable doesn't bother me, and you didn't say you were better, but I do know what I'm doing here too.

Like I said, thanks for finally answering my question.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:42 AM
92GreyGT
3rd Gear Member

I would take Eagle over Scat and I would use forged pistons over hypers even if you aren't going to use spray. Just my opinion.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:24 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I like the Scat over the Eagle I have seen parts and use parts from both.But I also know people that used both and were unhappy with both. I would not run Hypers.pistons in my lawn mower I have seen many people run them and have problems with them. But I have never ran them my self the $ you save is just not worth the loss of strength. By the way the last Probe crank I got had Scat cast in the side of it. and I can say Probe makes real nice pistons. I don't think you will go wrong with Scat or Eagle. Its all cast in China but the Scat is final machined here. Unless you get one of the Scat Billet Cranks that is all made here. but they are big $$$ and are over kill for most race stuff.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:18 AM
5spd GT
3rd Gear Member

I had 142k on an engine with "hyper" pistons
Old 02-23-2008, 12:42 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Not saying the Hyper. piston don't work well in stock or mild performance applications but I don't like them nor would I run them in a HP set up. I know people that have and do but if "I" was buying a kit its not worth the extra savings to give up strength. Plus if you move up to boost or NOS they are not very forgiving with the tune being off.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:54 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Did I miss what cubic inch you're looking for?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

OMG, FA... we missed you!!!!
Old 02-23-2008, 01:58 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

Did I miss what cubic inch you're looking for?
from the mother fukking grave!!! [sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif][sm=hail.gif]

remember a certain mod can approve post
Old 02-23-2008, 02:03 PM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

OMG, FA... we missed you!!!!
Hmmmm, just a second ago, my post was "awaiting approval". I wonder if this is going to be the case every post?

Anyway, back to the tech.

Generally, I'd take a Scat over an Eagle kit. Eagle does have the advantage when you're going internal balance of not taking metal in the crank. But for most applications, I'll take the Scat. Some thing to consider are Scat's base rod in those stroker kits is a 4340 forged I beam with an ARP cap screw. That's thier base rod.

Another thing to consider is, most of those balanced kits are dropped shipped. People usually stock the kits but not many fully balanced kits because there are endless combinations of what flexplate or flywheel will be needed, some people have balancer brand perferences, etc. The bad thing about this is when you order a balanced kit and they have to make it up, it goes at the back of the line. It could take several weeks. IMO, I'd order a regular kit and maybe even order the flexplate and balancer with it, but don't get balanced and than have it done locally.

Quick Reply: Scat or Eagle rotating assembly?