5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

This will blow your mind

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:22 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

Default This will blow your mind

car ran, parked it for a week and now it has no spark.
new dizzy(less than 60 miles), cap, rotor, wires,(less than 700 miles) coil,(maby 20 miles) & tfi.(maby 20 miles)
w/ key on, i got power to coil, no spark coming from coil.
i put old coil on, it worked but i had spark blowout in higher rpms so i got a blaster coil, and plugged in the old coil still didnt give it any spark, plugged old tfi in, no spark still. w/ spout out it wont start. i got power to tfi on like 3 of the connectors, if i remember right, #2, #3, and #4, #4 had .88v, i think 2 and 3 had batt voltage or close to it. the + wire to coil has .6v less than batt voltage.

what do you think is going on?

i need some help with this thing, i live near Covingtion in Louisiana, let me know if you are available, thanks!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:26 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: This will blow your mind

maybe pick up/stator in dizzy
Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

well if spark isnt coming from the coil, the dizzy turns and sends the signal to the tfi and the tfi sends it to the coil then to the cap? or something like that.

i hope its not the dizzy, well i mean i do, easy fix, but that would be the 2nd reman dizzy, the 1st one from carquest didnt fit, the second one lasted 3 min, and i went to napa and got this one...
im going to have to do the dizzy turn thing and see if i get a on/off signal to the coil.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:34 PM
HACKGT350
6th Gear Member

i have a whole wiringdiagram for the ignition systems in your cars of how it works and whats what...but its in my tool box at work if its still not running by tomorrow ill bring it home and see if i can help you out at all
Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

ill be playing around with it after i get home from work, so not till around 5:30.
the thing is, i feel ashamed, im working at a ford dealership, going to school and all to be a tech, and i cant fix this pos i have [:@] gotta love the hands on time blowing butt kickin money spending experiece this stang has given me though lol its priceless
Old 04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

your car seriously hates you....
Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

well if spark isnt coming from the coil, the dizzy turns and sends the signal to the tfi and the tfi sends it to the coil then to the cap? or something like that.

i hope its not the dizzy, well i mean i do, easy fix, but that would be the 2nd reman dizzy, the 1st one from carquest didnt fit, the second one lasted 3 min, and i went to napa and got this one...
im going to have to do the dizzy turn thing and see if i get a on/off signal to the coil.
the stator is what ID'S each cylinder and when to fire .....the reluctor wheel that spins round and round with the dizzy is the marker for the stator to id the cylinders.....after that the signal is amplified / tranfered trough the tfi where pip is sent to ecm for output of injector and coil control......so a no spark from the coil either indicates a tfi prob or stator issue.. that's to say all fuses are intact, coil is known good and all ignition powers and grounds are present
Old 04-29-2008, 09:43 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

yea adder, i know, it inflames me lol
i got too much time and money in it to stop now though

i catch so much crap at work about this car, i got to get it back on the road soon.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:45 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

dude.... i know how you feel. Mine has been off the road for over a year now... and **** STILL isn't right.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:51 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

what happened to your adder? if i remeber right yours was going to be a heck of a motor. pm me so we dont throw the thead complety off lol

Quick Reply: This will blow your mind