5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

No oil in valve cover?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:49 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Default RE: No oil in valve cover?

ORIGINAL: woodsy

ORIGINAL: TrAb

I did it clockwise, should i try it in reverse?
It helps when you spin it the proper way lol
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Old 05-04-2008, 06:14 PM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

lol u guys are to good. Anyways yes i tried it the right way and still got nothing. Threw a new higher flowing pump on today, still nothing (didnt really expect it to fix it but i wanted to put a high flow on anyways). So now wtf can i point to. I took the other valve cover off and its the same way.?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:41 PM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

new oil pump and still NO oil flow....

There has to be something plugging the lines, right?

Have you changed out the filter?
Old 05-04-2008, 06:46 PM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Yes just changed out the filter..
Old 05-04-2008, 07:11 PM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

O almost forgot to add, this is probably nothing and stupid... Anyways on the top of the heads there are two drain ports on either side of the head, anyways i stuck a little hard line down threw all of them except one wouldent let the line go all the way down into the oil pan. It was the front left one, wtf is up with that.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:13 PM
89stanger1989
2nd Gear Member

i got one quick question. i took all the oil pan bults out and engine mounts and just wanted to know a safe spot to jack up the engine. also a new stock oil pump should be good with 370hp right
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

lol u guys are to good. Anyways yes i tried it the right way and still got nothing. Threw a new higher flowing pump on today, still nothing (didnt really expect it to fix it but i wanted to put a high flow on anyways). So now wtf can i point to. I took the other valve cover off and its the same way.?
well number 1 if you put a new filter on and didn't fill it with oil and coupled with a new pump it'll take one heck of a time to prime the oil system..and are you sure you got the hasket under the pump to block on so it's not covering hole up??also it's possible if there was valvetrain noise before pump removal you could have a lifter galley plug that has blown out = happened to me before they are under the timing cover to the side of the camshaft
Old 05-05-2008, 06:21 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Yes i did fill the oil filter before i put it on, and i used the drill on it for probably around 8mins or so... All the gaskets are correct, im sure of that. My dad said he was wondering if the guy before us could have possibly put the head gasket on wrong but i dont think that could be done. Now your talking about a lifter galley plug, this gets me very exited because while cleaning out the sump i found something that looks like a very tiny cap that was all chewed and bent up. Could this be that?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
TrAb
1st Gear Member

Ok after doing some googling im 100% sure what i found in there was a galley plug. Now to go about fixing that problem. What all am i going to have to take off this time? Intake mani for sure and what else?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:47 AM
dudeboy
3rd Gear Member

Ok after doing some googling im 100% sure what i found in there was a galley plug. Now to go about fixing that problem. What all am i going to have to take off this time? Intake mani for sure and what else?
Please fill us in...
why do you now think the problem is a galley plug?

To replace them it depends on if it is a front or back plug.
Either the timing cover needs to come off, or the trans/flywheel needs to come off...

Quick Reply: No oil in valve cover?