5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Procharger powerpipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 PM
ColdCityMustang
1st Gear Member

Default Procharger powerpipe

Has anyone ever seen a powerpipe for a procharged 1995 ?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:19 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

Default RE: Procharger powerpipe

You mean for sale or on a car? Actually, I don't think there's enough room under the hood of a 94/95 because of the engine compartment design.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM
ColdCityMustang
1st Gear Member

Lol thats why I am asking. I'm using the same small filter Samseed used but I want to try to take it a step further this summer. I was wondering if anyone had ever SEEN it done.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:29 PM
PRO50SC
The Rogue Mod

LOL, he and I discussed his quite a bit. There just wasn't room. The strut tower is too close to where the pipe would need to go. Good luck though.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:36 PM
ColdCityMustang
1st Gear Member

What if it were to go towards the engine and downwards...I know its alot of extra pipe ducting but there is definatley room to get it away from the rest of the engine. If the blower has to draw air past the exhaust, lets say 3-4 inches(but still in a steel/aluminum pipe), what kind of effects could it have on performance?

Has anyone heard from Samseed recently? Maybe I'll shoot him an email.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:03 AM
w8less
6th Gear Member

no but i do remember he sold the car
Old 05-16-2008, 12:18 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ColdCityMustang

What if it were to go towards the engine and downwards...I know its alot of extra pipe ducting but there is definatley room to get it away from the rest of the engine. If the blower has to draw air past the exhaust, lets say 3-4 inches(but still in a steel/aluminum pipe), what kind of effects could it have on performance?

Has anyone heard from Samseed recently? Maybe I'll shoot him an email.
Got your email and decided to pop by. Yeah, Bernie and I talked about something like that for my setup when I had it. After a lot of thought, I realized that a powerpipe wouldn't work at all. Also, you really don't want to try to run it in towards the engine and down. That places it real close to teh headers. If you closed it in you'd run into an issue with heat as well as an issue with severely restricting airflow.

I did have a possible solution though. I posted about it awhile back. I was about to do it when I sold the car. But I know that it will work, but will take some effort on your part. Let me see if I can find the old post.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:23 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

Found the old post and pics. Like I said, there was no way to get the actual filter into teh fenderwell. Even with correct piping and a sharp turn it wouldn't fit without SEVERELY restricting airflow. But you can make it so that it sucks in cooler air. Here's how:

First swap to the smaller APC filter like I did (which you already did anyway.) It's only smaller in length, it actually has a rather large surface area so it's not restrictive. Then cut a hole into the inner fender. Instead of putting the filter through the hole you're just going to leave the hole wide open. make sure it's a decent size. After that, just sort of "box off" the air filter so that it draws ait from the fenderwell hole instead of the engine bay. Similar to how this CAI works:

So using a similar setup, you can create a barrier between the engine and the filter. And it will draw air through the hole in the fender. It's not quite as good as putting the filter in the fender, but it's a hell of a lot better than what came with the Procharger. Here's what my filter looked like. Then all I had to do was cut the hole and box it off.

Old 05-20-2008, 02:16 PM
94StinkinLincoln
5th Gear Member

samseed, why did you sell it??? i havent heard from ya in a longtime.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94StinkinLincoln

samseed, why did you sell it??? i havent heard from ya in a longtime.
Gas prices were getting extremely high, And I had modded it so much that gas mileage was absolute crap, lol. So when I got a good offer for it, I couldn't refuse

Quick Reply: Procharger powerpipe