5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

need help please

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 01:13 PM
fordlover79
1st Gear Member

Default need help please

ok went to set my timing cause it never ran right since the mods (mods below). the dizzy was set on 22 and it would run rich for the first five minutes after startup, so i set the dizzy at 14-16 now it goes down the road rich, you can just about hear the unspent fuel bubbling in the exhaust. i need help bad??

any help is appreciated, richard

mods:
bbk open air intake
80mm maf sensor (supposedly calibrated for 24# injectors)
75mm summitt throttle body
24# injectors
msd coil, cap, and wires

do i need a 90 computer, what's wrong? if there's something you think i need please let me know, and a resource to get it would be great!!

thanks, richard

if you're like me and don't like typing just call 573-578-5792
Old 07-26-2008, 01:43 PM
big ben
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: need help please

80mm maf sensor (supposedly calibrated for 24# injectors) ??
you should probibly check that
Old 07-26-2008, 02:11 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

what year car is it and what are complete list of engine mods????
Old 07-26-2008, 02:41 PM
fordlover79
1st Gear Member

95 gt and the list of mods are above plus a 2.5 inch exhaust all the way
Old 07-26-2008, 03:43 PM
fordlover79
1st Gear Member

who calibrates maf sensors and programs computers

Old 07-26-2008, 05:55 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

first thing you need to do is run a koer test and check for codes to see if any systems are malfunctioning causing the symptoms you have
Old 07-26-2008, 08:40 PM
fordlover79
1st Gear Member

MJR46 THAT'S WHAT YOU TOLD ME A WEEK AGO FOR THE SAME PROB, I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAYI DO TROUBLESHOOT BEFORE I GET ON HERE AND A COUPLE WEEKS AGO I GAVE YOU THE CODES AND YOU DIDN'T HELP ME FROM THERE SO THANKS BUT NO THANKS AND WHOEVER SENT ME THE BASE IDLE PM, THANKYOU
Old 07-26-2008, 08:48 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: fordlover79

MJR46 THAT'S WHAT YOU TOLD ME A WEEK AGO FOR THE SAME PROB, I WASN'T BORN YESTERDAYI DO TROUBLESHOOT BEFORE I GET ON HERE AND A COUPLE WEEKS AGO I GAVE YOU THE CODES AND YOU DIDN'T HELP ME FROM THERE SO THANKS BUT NO THANKS AND WHOEVER SENT ME THE BASE IDLE PM, THANKYOU
you shouldnt get so short with those who are trying to help you out.

when you set your timing, did you pull out the SPOUT connector?

~22° sounds about right for a 94-95 at idle with the spout in
Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 PM
fordlover79
1st Gear Member

I WASN'T TRYING TO BE SHORT WITH YOU I'M JUST FED UP WITH THIS THING. YOU ASK ME TO RUN A KOEO AND HELL EVERY CODE IN THE BOOK SHOWS UP, BUT WITH ADJUSTMENTS I HAVE WEANED ALL THE CODES OUT AND SHHHH THE PLUG WAS IN I DIDN'T SEE IT EARLIER BUT 1 HOUR AGO I SEEN IT ON THE RIGHT FENDER, SO I RECHECKED IT REAL QUICK AND IT'S DEAD ON 16 WHERE I WANT IT. I DROVE IT FOR ABOUT 5 MIN EARLIER AND WHEN I GOT HOME IT SEEMED LIKE THE THROTTLE WAS 10 TIMES AS SNAPPY SO I'M GOING TO DO A BASE IDLE AND RESET MY TPS AND HOPEFULLY MY COMP WILL LEARN FROM THERE. AND BY THE WAY THANK YOU FOR YOU'RE CONTINUED SUPPORT AFTER I WAS AN ***. MY GREATEST APPOLIGIES, RICHARD
Old 07-26-2008, 10:50 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ORIGINAL: fordlover79

Remember one thing !!I don't need you to help me troubleshoot anything I am ever working on..I have all the resources to solve any prob I have......and as for not helping you a week ago???....well gee I'm sorry I don't spend all day waiting online for you to update your thread and then when you finally do , remember to go back and keep posting to your thread only...do you think your the only one on here with a prob????..and furthermore all you have ever said is your car is running rich.....so sitting behind a computer screen how am I suppose to assume you have tested all and anything that'd make the car run rich, plus confirm you have performed the proper tests acurately...if you think your any better at internet diagnosis ....well by all means teach me!!...FYI..there are tons of stuff that'd make a car run rich..and since your car is obd 1 you won't get a data screen on a scan tool to monitor all systems in which are an influencing factor making car run rich so you'll have to check all pids manually such as tps , maf, ect, act, ect ect....and above all You haven't mentioned what mods you have that may influence or amplify the rich condition ......First question you need to ANSWER TO ANYONE ON HERE is when did this problem occur or you first notice it???...step one in a proper diagnosis is INFO!!!! FIND OUT FROM CUSTOMER DETAILS SURROUNDING ISSUE so provide any and all and I may reply.....anyway good luck