5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

stroker engine build up

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
simpkins_44
1st Gear Member

hmmm i injoy your guys imput but im looking for aluminum light weight and fast... i cant seem to find out if fordstrokers.com have forged aluminum pistions... the block isnt important i have one that i can use if i cant find a new one... but i def plan on some big heads and headers im just not positive on what yet... keep sending your ideas and let me know if you find somthing thanks!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 AM
Joel5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpkins_44
hmmm i injoy your guys imput but im looking for aluminum light weight and fast... i cant seem to find out if fordstrokers.com have forged aluminum pistions... the block isnt important i have one that i can use if i cant find a new one... but i def plan on some big heads and headers im just not positive on what yet... keep sending your ideas and let me know if you find somthing thanks!
http://www.fordstrokers.com/pistons/...minum-pistons/
Old 12-10-2008, 01:02 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

he can build u pretty much any ford motor u want...with whatever u want it just depends on your wallet..
Old 12-10-2008, 01:09 PM
Sneakerhead4345

Well to answer your last question regarding the tire sizes in porportion to torque and horsepower. It would do your car good to put wide tires for a high horsepower car [about 550+] but then again shorter tires work well with long gears preferably 3.55's or smaller. if your setup is good you can hit a good 60' time. But im not the most expirienced guy so get a few suggestions and take it from there.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Portmaster
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpkins_44
Forgedstrokers.com has forged aluminum pistons. So let me get this right, You have a ford 302 aluminum block? You keep talking big this and big that but do you really know what you are going to do with this engine? Do you have a plan, do you have a budget for the build? Snap a picture of the block and post it up. I really want to see it.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:17 PM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

From what I read here, I would strongly suggest that you do lots of reading. There are some very good books that will give you basics. Once you've soaked up THAT information, then there are lots of good, knowledgable posters on this forum that can help with your questions.

As an example of why I say this is the fact that you are willing to use just any old block for a high horsepower engine. Do some reading.

Another example is that you are asking if a supplier has forged pistons. ANY supplier of stroker kits will have them available.

I am NOT trying to belittle you in any way. I am only trying to help you have success with your build. If you are not willing to do some reading and study, you should REALLY consider the purchase of one of the many excellent crate motors that are available.

Good luck,
Old 12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

fordstrokers all the way! ship him the block and tell him what internals you want and be done with it. imo 225 heads seem a little overkill, correct me if i'm wrong. and for headers you'll prolly want 1 3/4 longtubes. for a cam call up jay allen and have him build you a custom cam built just for your setup. and for intake i'd go edelbrock f/i lower with a 90 degree elbow up top. imo...
Old 12-10-2008, 04:37 PM
jtmustang
5th Gear Member

225 heads are not overkill but it will need to be built very well and a very well designed cam and combo to make those heads work efficiently and at a minimun 1 3/4 headers
Old 12-10-2008, 04:53 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MBDiagMan
From what I read here, I would strongly suggest that you do lots of reading. There are some very good books that will give you basics. Once you've soaked up THAT information, then there are lots of good, knowledgable posters on this forum that can help with your questions.

As an example of why I say this is the fact that you are willing to use just any old block for a high horsepower engine. Do some reading.

Another example is that you are asking if a supplier has forged pistons. ANY supplier of stroker kits will have them available.

I am NOT trying to belittle you in any way. I am only trying to help you have success with your build. If you are not willing to do some reading and study, you should REALLY consider the purchase of one of the many excellent crate motors that are available.

Good luck,
Best answer yet. Fast cars don't just drop out of trees. as my machinist would say how fast you want to go $$$ faster$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by uedlose; 12-10-2008 at 04:56 PM. Reason: cuz I can
Old 12-11-2008, 10:17 AM
simpkins_44
1st Gear Member

hmm the blocks at my brothers place but its not aluminum witch is what i was hoping for... but that doesnt matter i seen that 302boss block in a mag and it said its also avalible in aluminam but i can find it on the comp so... im not the smartest person when it come to strokers all i know is that they can push high amounts of power for cheap if built right... my mic. told me to look up some parts i might like then he'll look things over so right now im just looking for some inspiration... so rilly im just telling him what i want the car to be like... i choose the 347 over the 331 becouse on sumitracing i seen a cheep kit and ive read that they handle blowers or nitros quite well... seriously i dont rilly care what it looks like... i want some impresive numbers i dont wanna make a full out race engine i just want some serious power to put out my freinds 383 stroker with a big cam and double pump carbed... some others but its not importent ill keep reading up on those sites but i dont have much time being that i work and im in school to so... keep up the good work you guys are helping me narow things down thanks! keep it coming

Quick Reply: stroker engine build up