5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Headlight help please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 07:45 AM
roady

Default Headlight help please

Hello,
I need some help with headlights. My buddies car is a 94 that we have fixed up for him real nice and the headlights are miserable at night. We replaced the headlight assemblies roughly year and half ago with new ones. They are not bright at all and no fun driving at night.

What do you all reccomend to get some nice bright lights on the car. Should we convert to HID kit and if so which one or just better bulbs. Is there any other options that I may be missing.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2009, 08:54 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

I have the HID kit from americanmuscle.com, no complaints at all. I had a similar issue in my 95. I had Silvania silver star lights (the bright ones), and I struggled to see at night, especially in the rain. Only reason I never got in a wreck is because I knew where I was at and where I was going. Now, I don't really have much of a problem. I need to adjust the light housings a little, but the HID bulbs are deffinitly better, even in the rain.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:26 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

try some better bulbs first such as halogen or high intensity ones
Old 01-24-2009, 09:36 AM
FORD TOUGH
4th Gear Member

Are they adjusted prpoperly?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:19 AM
camaroeater
4th Gear Member

+1^^...once i installed my headlights, i had no problem seeing at night?
Old 01-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

Are your grounds for the wiring rusty or corroded and have a poor connection?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:57 PM
roady

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I will double check the grounds again to make sure they are good.

About the HID kit how does that work for high beams and low beams. Does it do both or just one or other. I dont have no experiance with the HID kits so any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Sippix
1st Gear Member

Please make sure to buy projector light housings specifically designed for the use of HID bulbs. If you don't, the reflective style housings will scatter the HID bulb's light in all directions, and blind people all around you. I'm sure you've seen those ******** that slap on an HID kit, and never bother upgrading to a projector housing. They're easy to spot. Not only will you be an ******* for blinding people passing you, you'll also be in trouble with Johnny Law since most areas have laws against using HID's with non-projector housings for obvious safety reasons.

That's my .02.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:26 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Originally Posted by Sippix
Please make sure to buy projector light housings specifically designed for the use of HID bulbs. If you don't, the reflective style housings will scatter the HID bulb's light in all directions, and blind people all around you. I'm sure you've seen those ******** that slap on an HID kit, and never bother upgrading to a projector housing. They're easy to spot. Not only will you be an ******* for blinding people passing you, you'll also be in trouble with Johnny Law since most areas have laws against using HID's with non-projector housings for obvious safety reasons.

That's my .02.
Ummm.....no it won't at least not on Mustangs. Our light band is narrow as hell, and being that we're on the ground, out light doesn't reach very far outwards when adjusted properly. If his HIDs hit somebody in the eyes, either his housings are set too high, or he has the high beams on and the other person is in a car lower than his. Halos look like poo poo IMO.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
94Yellow50
4th Gear Member

agreed that its not necessary to change to projectors, and i wouldnt do it anyway because i dont like the way they look. ive had a buddy drive my car at me at night while i drove his, and i wasnt blinded by it anymore than regular lights. To the OP tho, i have the HID, and love them. I bought the kit with the hi/lo beam both and love it.

Quick Reply: Headlight help please