5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

is this my door pin?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 03:18 AM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

Default is this my door pin?

so ive ben noticing alot my of body panels dont line up right, my pasanger side door is sagging bad seems like its to small lol, i am hoping who ever painted the car just did a bad job lining everything back up, my car is rott free, i started to think the frame was twisted slightly but the cars so soild and no signs of it really. what u think,
it almost seems like it isnt even shut all the way

water gets inside the door well now, the paint starting to peel slightly, is this the ussauly sign of bad door pins or hindges?
also my trunk lines up differently on both sides

is it even possible to miss align the hatch?, is there any way u can adjust it.
heress my car

i know iim cutting the tail pipes off into dumps, i hate them bishes too.
basicaly im kinda scared my frame got tweaked but it could very well be miss aligned, what do u think

Last edited by rydinturbo; 04-09-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:18 AM
STROKED_LX
1st Gear Member

Hmm. After looking at your picture for a while, it seems that way to me too. My door doesnt look that bad, wonder if its not adjusted properly
Old 04-09-2009, 06:51 AM
1RED87

Open the door and grab it by the top and bottom of the rear most part of the door and lift it up and down if it moves and the whole car doesnt install new hinge pins and bushings. If all good door is out of adj. Hatch is also out of adj. There are shims and small adj. that can be made to get it back to perfection. It takes a lot of trial and error to get doors and trunks lined up.... If you dont have find a good body shop to do it, ones that do restorations seem to be the best do to thm haveing to do that all the time.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:01 AM
kilby94
2nd Gear Member

I think the dual chrome exhaust tips on the passenger side are causing most of your problems...
Old 04-09-2009, 10:43 AM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kilby94
I think the dual chrome exhaust tips on the passenger side are causing most of your problems...
well i gues some people cant READ
i know iim cutting the tail pipes off into dumps, i hate them

yes i can do that with both my door i can grab them and pull them up, my drivers side door isnt like that. so im not soposed to be able to move them up aT ALL? so thats not normal, it makes me feel a bit better, i was starting to think my frames tweaked
Old 04-09-2009, 01:56 PM
50enzo
1st Gear Member

+1, they shuldnt move much at all, if any. my door was sagging bad, bad enuff to where it was eating the rubber off/around the door striker.sumtn so simple can be xpensive too!! the parts are like $15. but the labor to do it is alot.cuz u have to get them perfect.its probly yur pins n bushings. go to late model restoration, they got everyting u need. ......lol, those tips might be the problem! lol jk
Old 04-09-2009, 07:12 PM
mastermic
1st Gear Member

Yea I would check door pins, as well as DUAL CHROME TIPS! Just had to add insult to injury.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

its a foxbody... the body lines didnt even match on the assembly line!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:44 PM
rydinturbo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mastermic
Yea I would check door pins, as well as DUAL CHROME TIPS! Just had to add insult to injury.
dude they came with the car i have more important things to warry about, im sick of going through this in every thread, and i say im gona to cut them off under everypitchure does anyone read. your not driving it dont warry about it

i was checken out my cuzins 5.0 today thats mint, my doors defenantaly have alot of noticable play up and down compared to his, so im guesing its the pins. its at a frame shop getting checked anyways before i swap another engine in. whats the aaverage price of getting new pins, who ever did the paint job just musta done a crappy joobb linnig everything back up
Old 04-12-2009, 10:39 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

door pins and the bushing kits can be had at your local part store

Quick Reply: is this my door pin?