5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

x cam

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 01:22 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

Originally Posted by 302army187
uh-oh

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking
Old 10-15-2009, 01:38 PM
nacanitihs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
lulz....shoulda went with the comp cam. i've had B, my neighbor runs an F cam, they all kick around 3k rpm and he even has aluminum heads. i have the cam you brought up from comp. it pulls F'in hard throughout the whole RPM range. there is no "kick" except i wish i would have gotten their magnum cam, same intake lift but the exhaust lift is higher like .530 or something, same duaration iirc.
kinda wish i did too.. i was doing a bunch of research and user reviews and thats the one i wanted. at the time i was buying all sorts of parts for my hci swap and i was trying to get it back together as fast as i could cuz its my DD. the cam was basically the last part i needed and i was running out of cash..

maybe one of these days ill swap it out..

there isnt really a "kick" like ur thinking.. well.. idk thats just where the powerband seems to start
Old 10-15-2009, 01:40 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

yea around here theres this thing called WINTER. lol.

no real great weather until around February.

plus i wanna take my time and do a ton of little things the car needs. Just got my heads and intake back from my engine builder who port matched the intake, and ported the lower a bit. Time to start ordering parts off my wishlist.

Also going to pull the block, check the bearings, and clean up the engine bay just a bit. No hole filling or wire hiding is planed, but some of that could happen depending how this winter goes.

you might wanna go see a few doctor's about that liver man. Or just stop drinking like a fish scene you got the baby news
i hear ya, we have winter too and its gettin cold quick.

yea i went to the doctor, he thinks i may have gal stones. i get a ultra sound tomorrow to find out. i dont know if you saw the thread in OT but the baby died.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

Originally Posted by nacanitihs
kinda wish i did too.. i was doing a bunch of research and user reviews and thats the one i wanted. at the time i was buying all sorts of parts for my hci swap and i was trying to get it back together as fast as i could cuz its my DD. the cam was basically the last part i needed and i was running out of cash..

maybe one of these days ill swap it out..

there isnt really a "kick" like ur thinking.. well.. idk thats just where the powerband seems to start
i know exactly what you're talking about, i've owned one.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FivePointOhh
i hear ya, we have winter too and its gettin cold quick.

yea i went to the doctor, he thinks i may have gal stones. i get a ultra sound tomorrow to find out. i dont know if you saw the thread in OT but the baby died.
haha, yea i know, but now that i have a garage i dont have to rush everything i do on the car.

theres a hundred little thing's it seems the car needs.

next weeks project is putting the stock mid pipe back on, and repairing my horn that hasnt worked in almost a year so i can get emission tested, as the trick flow heads are the "racing" edition i guess you could say, and have nothing to hook the EGR tubes upto. so ill be removing the EGR stuff also.

sorry to hear about the baby man. IDK if you where looking forward to it or not, but even still it sucks. ive been there. just dont like to talk about it.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
FivePointOhh
in limbo

haha, yea i know, but now that i have a garage i dont have to rush everything i do on the car.

theres a hundred little thing's it seems the car needs.

next weeks project is putting the stock mid pipe back on, and repairing my horn that hasnt worked in almost a year so i can get emission tested, as the trick flow heads are the "racing" edition i guess you could say, and have nothing to hook the EGR tubes upto. so ill be removing the EGR stuff also.

sorry to hear about the baby man. IDK if you where looking forward to it or not, but even still it sucks. ive been there. just dont like to talk about it.

i hear ya, this winter my car is getting a fiberglass make over + new paint job. i'm going to save the details until im pretty much done, then post a compliation of photos.

i didnt want it, it wasnt planned but it had to be terminated 8 weeks in since it was ectopic. either way it was a crappy deal. i dont really like to talk about it either. lol.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

[QUOTE=fordboy5.0;6571329]
Originally Posted by mjr46
.....ummmmmmm no[/

ok since you know everything
IF you even had a clue , you wouldn't of even played the letter cam card, do some more research , I have an f-cam in my 92 and it sucks ballz compared to my custom cam set ups such as are in my 89 vert and 85 gt.......I could write a book about what you said above and refute it easily, but why?? I've done it time and time again only for the info to fall upon underachieving, mediocore accepting, content with cheap lack luster performace, ect ect deaf ears. why would it be any different this time around I've sold more letter cams to people like you out of blocks I've bought then I'll ever run in my own rides and why is that??? In the last few months I've sold 2 f-cams and 1 e-cam , 100 beans all day long to people who's only care is to say they have a "So called "performance cam in their ride, irregardless if it doesn't perform, lol
Old 10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
fordboy5.0
1st Gear Member

i have done some research i have all the specs on all the ford racing cams i have a friend with the e-cam and its pretty fast im sure this guy was just looking for a mild cam that makes alright gas mileage thats all im sayin and with an edelbrock intake, the e-cam matches up quite well.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:33 PM
94gtcobra
2nd Gear Member

[QUOTE=mjr46;6572462]
Originally Posted by fordboy5.0
IF you even had a clue , you wouldn't of even played the letter cam card, do some more research , I have an f-cam in my 92 and it sucks ballz compared to my custom cam set ups such as are in my 89 vert and 85 gt.......I could write a book about what you said above and refute it easily, but why?? I've done it time and time again only for the info to fall upon underachieving, mediocore accepting, content with cheap lack luster performace, ect ect deaf ears. why would it be any different this time around I've sold more letter cams to people like you out of blocks I've bought then I'll ever run in my own rides and why is that??? In the last few months I've sold 2 f-cams and 1 e-cam , 100 beans all day long to people who's only care is to say they have a "So called "performance cam in their ride, irregardless if it doesn't perform, lol
+1 Exactly Im with you, Letter Cams Suck FTL.

If your on a budget well then get something else besides letter cams, find some used compcams or if you can find a crower. I personally have a crower in my 90 GT and i love it, its very similar to the F-cam but much better but its also very expensive, you get what you pay for.