5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

codes 41 & 91 just wont go away!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:33 PM
RAP66

Originally Posted by marlyman
Yeah i know of them : ) an u r probably right they im sure need replacing because i've tried everything else lol like everything!! uhg just put in new stock fpr an nothin no change uhg new iac nothin no change base timing reset no change fixed exhaust leaks no change made sure tps sensor .7-.9 no changedid compression check all good pulled valve covers off an made sure rocker assembly was at proper torque spec an nothing!@#$ uhg i ran a whole new ground for the 02s nothing even put all new vacuum lines an still!@#$@ so must be tad / tab sensors...im lookin right now an autozone/kragen dont have them where would i go to get new ones???
They have them at 50Resto. Hers is the kit I did
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Relay-Package
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
RAP66

Default wish I could edit my post

actually I did the full kit

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Sensor-Package
Old 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

cool ok yeah i bought most of the sensors one at a time LOL Uhg fawk but i still ordered the cheaper one because between the tad tab an egr solenoids would be like 150+ ..so i mean my idles great until it starts leaning out ..i tried making another post thinkin its a dif topic but i mean is there anyway to even test the solenoids like wit a multimeter??
Old 01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Yah. One of the wires is 12v, one is a switched, pulsing ground from the ECM. You shouldn't have vacuum passing through the solenoid with no ground, so jump a solid ground to it and the non-intake side of the solenoid should receive vacuum.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:22 PM
msn50

Any new updates?
I'm tackling a similar issue.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:20 PM
marlyman
2nd Gear Member

well i got that kit of solenoids / sensors didnt change a thing. i'm done i've been defeated. i found an illegal smog for $250 so i went that route : ) somehow i got rid of the code 41 an since my last smog test was really really close to passing i thought id be able to barely pass but sure enough didnt change my nox readings so i swallowed my pride an took it to a shop to get a diagnostic...they were complete idiots didnt know sheeeeet idnt even know wtf they were looking at an tried sayin stuff bout my mass air an map (which is a barometric sensor since vacuum line isnt hooked up an i got a stock 88 california edition so came stock like that) they were sayin all this stuff bout me having all these mods an aftermarket stuff im like WTF its all 50 state / cali smog legal an just god they were f'in retards !@#!@#$%@#%^ an thats wwhy i havent taken it in anywhere BAH@#% the one thing the guy said that could be true / help is he said my cats werent working properly an honetstly that must be my problem because i've done EVERYTHING i swear i've done all this research on here an jesus really ive done it all i swear! at this point all i could possibly replace is the cats? i mean cats being bad would make my n02 level high right? because the catalatic converters are mearly screens inside the exhaust that heat up to burn anything goin out the exhaust so im guessing thats my issue..wish i wouldve thought bout it like $1000 ago!@$@#% uhg buot 2 years ago i replaced one of my cats because it was clogged (think it was due to not running the smog pump) it doesnt feel like its as clogged as it was 2 years ago but i think it could be a cat or two or three that are done because first time start of the day always dies or struggles once i gas it its fine / when its warmed up..who knows F cali laws @#%#$ i went illegal smog F em!@#$@#$%^ tho i do wish i couldve gone the legit route uhg too expensive / people at diagnostic place are f'in retards...bah!@#$@$% good luck do research on here an follow instructions iim at work otherwise i'd post a bunch of links that will help resolve issues..
Old 01-19-2012, 08:38 PM
msn50

Yeah man I hear you, I've been tackling codes 41,91 for a while. The last time I took
my Stang for the bi annual I removed the spout connector to lock in the timing (a trick the smog tech showed me,meant to lower nox). The funny thing this year it passed just barely
(nox) without doing any tricks to it.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:04 AM
RAP66

Default I was in the same boat :icon_naughty:

Totally understandable... at least you tried.

I had cats that sounded like cans with rocks in them, so I swapped them out for the magnaflow 4 cat x-pipe. If you ever go that route its not that bad price-wise.

what codes do you have left now?? 91?

-Rich
Old 01-20-2012, 05:25 PM
jojobanks
2nd Gear Member

first off, I'm guessing you're talking about these two codes:

P0041- Information on Oxygen Sensor Signal Swapped Bank 1 Sensor 2, Bank 2 Sensor 2.

P0091- Fuel Pressure regulator 1 control circuit low

Correct me if these are wrong, but according to ford's DTCs there is no code 91, so please clarify on this.

As far as the 41 code, possible causes are:
- Bank 1 Sensor 2 / Bank 2 Sensor 2 harness circuit shorted
- Bank 1 Sensor 2 / Bank 2 Sensor 2 harness circuit connectors (wrong connection)
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

chances are there is a bad wire on one of the downstream o2 sensors. Check these connections.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 PM
mattdel
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jojobanks
first off, I'm guessing you're talking about these two codes:

P0041- Information on Oxygen Sensor Signal Swapped Bank 1 Sensor 2, Bank 2 Sensor 2.

P0091- Fuel Pressure regulator 1 control circuit low

Correct me if these are wrong, but according to ford's DTCs there is no code 91, so please clarify on this.

As far as the 41 code, possible causes are:
- Bank 1 Sensor 2 / Bank 2 Sensor 2 harness circuit shorted
- Bank 1 Sensor 2 / Bank 2 Sensor 2 harness circuit connectors (wrong connection)
- Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM)

chances are there is a bad wire on one of the downstream o2 sensors. Check these connections.
P codes are OBD-II. This car is EEC-IV.

41 (R) System lean
(M) System was lean for 15 seconds or more (no HO2S switching)

91 (R, M) System running lean
Transmission SS 1 circuit/solenoid problem

Quick Reply: codes 41 & 91 just wont go away!