5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

91 gt o2 sensor wiring at connector

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 03:09 PM
jrp79

Default 91 gt o2 sensor wiring at connector

I have a 91 gt original aod car with a t5 swap.the o2 harness is the aod.can someone tell me how to rewire the connector below the maf.my pin outs cant be swapped so I was going to cut the o2 harness side of the connector and splice back where they needed to go.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

I'm not quite sure what your trying to do, as I just did the same swap a couple years ago and I don't think there's any difference between an AOD harness and a T5 harness. Everything connected back up like it was supposed to on my car.

Are your O2 connectors to short ? Make sure they're routed correctly, not that they were wrapped around something to hold them out of the way during the swap.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:58 AM
jrp79

Originally Posted by 88 orangepeel notch
I'm not quite sure what your trying to do, as I just did the same swap a couple years ago and I don't think there's any difference between an AOD harness and a T5 harness. Everything connected back up like it was supposed to on my car.

Are your O2 connectors to short ? Make sure they're routed correctly, not that they were wrapped around something to hold them out of the way during the swap.
they are different between aod and t5 and different year foxs.I just want to wire the connector right rather then swap the harness
Old 12-08-2015, 07:46 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by jrp79
they are different between aod and t5 and different year foxs.I just want to wire the connector right rather then swap the harness
says who? I have done plenty/multiple aod-t-5 conversions and never never ever have had to do anything with the 02 harness, that is not even part of a aod-t-5 swap. The o2's get unscrewed from the h-pipe just to drop the h-pipe for tranny swap, then the same h-pipe put back in place after tranny swap in same locations.......you are doing an unnecessary step.