5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Big Bro. vs. Little Bro.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 03:33 PM
RacerX
2nd Gear Member

Default Big Bro. vs. Little Bro.

O.K. so my little bro. wanted a mustang. I got him a 82GT that I bought in Conn. were he lives. I then sold it to him for LESS. Then I gave him New 165AFRs,New Comp. Cam,my 86 roller motor,my T-5 w/hurst shifter,8.8w/posi,BBK 1 5/8 ling tubes w/short H-pipe,I pulled his old motor ,did the swap,added the heads,installed the cam,installed intake ,carb,accessories etc. and the trans.,exhaust. The motor runs,just neeeds minor adjustments on tune and some loose ends I wasn't able to finish. You see I live all the way in Md. Now he's upset with me, I tried to show him how,but he was playing inside and would come out to see how things were going.Must of thought I was his slave? So I got up set and told him to get off his ***. I said to read magazines and ask alot of ?????? and don't worry about getting hands dirty or mistakes. Thats how you learn. Tough Love is hard ,but what are you going to do? Everybody wants it for FREE. Cars are expensive. Got to Pay if you want to PLAY!! Soory all , just venting. MAN!![:@]
Old 12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Big Bro. vs. Little Bro.

yeah , my little bro, (who is 29 now) doesn't know how to change his oil even.

never cared about it at all....just not a gearhead i guess ?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:13 PM
94black5.0
2nd Gear Member

I wish my older brother would get me some freaking heads. Dude you want a new little bro??
Old 12-12-2005, 06:15 PM
RacerX
2nd Gear Member

thanks all. They just don't apreciate it,if you give yor time and $$$$ for free. I figure I'll let him find out the hard way. Tough Love.[:@]
Old 12-12-2005, 06:22 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Agreed, I think that you have already dont MORE THAN ENOUGH for him.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:24 PM
RacerX
2nd Gear Member

Thanks,.88BlueGT. How your car running these days?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:27 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

Not running, its down to the block right now. Just waiting till Christmas so I can get a hoist from my GF so that I can take it out and get started on prepping the motor bay for paint and start working on the front suspension. Just a REALLY long process. You know how I feel lol
Old 12-12-2005, 06:52 PM
brutal_gt
3rd Gear Member

I thinking buying him that car and spending the money and time on parts was the wrong thing to do for someone that seems like they really dont give a damn. When i bought my 93 i was well prepared for anything that might come up and knew that an older car required maybe a little more than the normal TLC. I've had plenty of people come up to me and say i need to get one now, and knowing what kind of people they were i was like no you dont. Tough love is not handing everything to him on a silver platter.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

Listen you can be my older brother and I will appreciate everything you do. Hells I will even help you and listen to everything you have to say. Maybe your brother just wanted a mustang and he was just saying he wants it all fast but by the looks of it he doesnt REALLy care, if you know what i mean, because he's not getting into the car and doing it himself. He probably would have been happy with just the stock motor and the heads with some 4.10's. Don't worry though just read your paragraph of the things you did for him and think that others on this forums would be very pleased with you as a older bro.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 PM
blowninjected
1st Gear Member

Sounds like you've done more than enough. It's time your little bro to get off the couch and do something for once. If he's pissed off that's his problem. I'm a firm believer in working hard for the things you want, if not they are not appreciated.

Quick Reply: Big Bro. vs. Little Bro.