5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Why'd you buy a fox?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 09:06 PM
68CSTANG
3rd Gear Member

Default Why'd you buy a fox?

Like the title says, why did you buy/build a fox body? What do you like the most about these cars? Why did you chose this car over a different style Mustang or a Chevelle or Camaro etc? Just wondering what everyone thinks. I bought one because I love the body styling and how easy it is to make good power with the 302. Whats your favorite thing about your fox?
Old 09-05-2007, 09:08 PM
SKAR

Default RE: Why'd you buy a fox?

Cheap, my furst one was $300 and the one in my sig im building was free
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

It was my last resort to buying any kind of muscle car. I turned down TT Celicas and etc, ill never own or endorse foriegn cars. I traded my decent cherokee and 1200 for my vert. the floors are going, but are 60% done, the exhaust was cobbled, engine ****ed up with 42lb injectors with a stock maf and tb.the car was beat to hell, and the lady who owned it backed up and rear ended someone. shouldve looked at carfax before i got it.[:@]
Old 09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

my dad had an '82 when i was growing up and i always wanted one when i was old enough to drive.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:29 PM
cleanfitty
4th Gear Member

I could have gone out and bought an 05-06 gt and was seriously considering it, but then I figured I wouldn't be able to wrench on it for warranty purposes and it would just be any car that someone could buy - nothing unique, and it would just be for driving, nothing to really do to it.
I had alot of rebuild/teardown (tare down for dbag [8D]) experience with several other ones. I then shortly found it for sale, in ok shape, but still needed work. So it was more like a mission to work on, do some restoration on it, go to wrecking yards to search for parts, track down NOS parts, etc. I could work on it for extended periods of time and not have to worry about it (because it's not my daily driver), that way I am not rushed and can do things right on it.

Anyway, there are compliments almost every time I take it out for a drive and there are always people starting conversations with me, and always people asking if I want to sell it.

I am pretty sure that this would not happen if Iwas driving a new one.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:32 PM
blahman20
2nd Gear Member

Cheap muscle...decent styling for an 80's car. Very good weight to power ration, and pretty darn cheap to make them go vrooooom.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

dad bought a brand new '86 back in the day, fun car, learned alot from it, then burned it down on Sept 11th, found another one exactly like it for 200 a month later, in running condition too
Old 09-05-2007, 10:14 PM
stang8689
6th Gear Member

Cause they are the ****
Old 09-05-2007, 10:15 PM
PJB
5th Gear Member

I looked around for performance type cars and every Camaro seemed to have a POS 305 so that ruled them out. I didnt have a big budget and I ended up finding a Mustang that fit my budget (although the cost of restoring/modding it far surpassed that).
Ive really always liked the foxbodies since I was a kid anyway.

I almost bought an'86Dodge Shelby Charger right before buying my fox but the seller on ebay ended up finding alot more rust under the car than he thought it had (unibody was shot) so he told me I didnt have to buy it.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:46 PM
ravenforbidden
2nd Gear Member

i got my 89 cuz it looked like a Skyline at first, then I just liked the sound of it, then I set in motion to replace the stock 5'0 with a Modular stroked 5'0 and I'm still doing that making it a Cobra 04 like deal, with 2.8 KB blower...

Quick Reply: Why'd you buy a fox?