5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

I'm a friggen idiot

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm a friggen idiot

Yea, it's still around, i havnt advertised it. I'm going to find a few more things to sell to pay for some new prostars. I'm going to give Brian a call at sunshield tom to keep a look out on some. It's not very likely but it would be nice to find one 15x3.5 and one 15x8 lol
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 PM
scooterstang
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear that man. I did a very similar thing in the rain. I had just bought a set of 18" chrome cobra rims and took my front drivers side into a curb and tree leaving a big bend in the rim, thenthe car did a 180 and then scratched up my back passenger side rim all the way around. (worst part was i had my girlfriend and her sister in the car)

Possibly check your motor mounts and your harmonic balancer? I had to replace both of these after my little curb incident.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

I've got solid mounts and they look fine as well as the sfi balancer. I think the damage is just in the front suspension, even though everything looked good and straight with no marks. It would be nice if it is just my wheel. At the very least i would say bearings are in order, but it really looks bad. The bottom of wheel is angled in probably a good 1.5-2.0 inches. I love the prostars, but damn they are soft, it really gouged them up bad.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:41 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Attention PRO: you wanna sell me two of your wheels?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:51 PM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: adumb

that is a bummer. if you think about it this way you wont' know where the edge is unless you go over it once in awhile.
You know, in a fuc*ed kind of way, that actually makes good sense. It's just been **** all week, i thought i built a 400rwhp engine and i get 365 and now this. I'm pretty sure how to fix my power problem and it's going to be cheaper than my wheel problem, i bet. I hope my wife's decide's to move back in before christmas, because i need an early present, and i know exactly what i want.We have been taking a break for about 3 mos. now. Problem is that I love her, she is not giving it up enough and she makes about 4 more dollars an hour. I tell you, this $1540 mortgage payment is putting a serious dent in my wallet. I need my baby.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 PM
kura
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that I just always tend to tell myself.. coulda been worse.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
jhall01
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FASTBLACK

ORIGINAL: adumb

that is a bummer. if you think about it this way you wont' know where the edge is unless you go over it once in awhile.
You know, in a fuc*ed kind of way, that actually makes good sense. It's just been **** all week, i thought i built a 400rwhp engine and i get 365 and now this. I'm pretty sure how to fix my power problem and it's going to be cheaper than my wheel problem, i bet. I hope my wife's decide's to move back in before christmas, because i need an early present, and i know exactly what i want.We have been taking a break for about 3 mos. now. Problem is that I love her, she is not giving it up enough and she makes about 4 more dollars an hour. I tell you, this $1540 mortgage payment is putting a serious dent in my wallet. I need my baby.
n i thought my mortgage payment was bad at 879 a month. i feel your pain me n my ol lady split up for just about 2 months. we worked everything out and all is good. if its meant to be it will happen! it was hard for me in those 2 months, but just think positive and it will all work out for the better.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:22 PM
yellow93lx
2nd Gear Member

That sucks, I hope it is just the rims. I am sure the cold was giving you a few more hp. I was out in my mustang a few weeks ago when it was cold and could not beleave the lack of traction. I was spinning and sideways all the way through 1st and into 2nd until I let off. I have 295's on it and they usualy hook, but not in the cold. This is my first year with a garage and in the past I would put itup for the winter so I never got to drive it in the cold. I learned my lesson about rain the first year I got it and got cought in a rain storm. I went to speed up from 30 mph and the auto down shifted and next thing I knew I was sideways in oncoming traffic. I got very lucky and it has not seen rain since. Good luck with the rims, hp,jack and wife, it sounds like life is kicking and spitting on you while you are down.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:04 AM
WhiteWindsor
5th Gear Member

Life is not really that bad for me. I have the ability to adapt to any situation. The wife thing, i dont have complete control of that situation. Now acting like an idiot and wrecking the stang, i had control (kinda) over that and screwed up. As for everything else, i decided year's ago not to worry about the things i cant control, maybe it's just maturity, i dont know. But it is what it is, and i deal with it. If the relationship issue was killing me, i would be posting in the ot crying about it like other guy's do. I never really get down, i just keep living. Thanks for the support fella's.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 AM
bighungrymatt
5th Gear Member

dang man, that really sucks, but it could have been worse, at least you are ok!

Quick Reply: I'm a friggen idiot