5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

94 GT BBK Equal Lenght Headers Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:32 PM
jnsnams
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 94 GT BBK Equal Lenght Headers Installation

ok onefasteclipse these are shortys, you dont have to raise the motor or anything like that, did you see the pic he posted?? they will go right in, i have the same ones and had to do nothing but bolt right in..
Old 11-11-2007, 01:25 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

My friend and I did my shorty headers in less than an hour. Take the smog tubing out on the pass side to give yourself room to work. The pass side one is very easy and the drivers one I put in from the bottom and wasn't too bad either. It looks a lot harder than it really is. If you didn't get locking header bolts make sure you retighten them after a few heating/cooling cycles, I lost quite a few bolts that way.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jnsnams

ok onefasteclipse these are shortys, you dont have to raise the motor or anything like that, did you see the pic he posted?? they will go right in, i have the same ones and had to do nothing but bolt right in..
They are equal length shorties. They are alot wider then a regular shorty header. You will need to tilt the motor a tad to make it easier to get in. Why you trying to argue with me? This is a common acurrence. I had to do it, I know others that had to do it. You didn't have to do it? Great, glad your install went easy. It's not like tilting the motor is hard to do, it can be done in 2 minutes and make the whole job that much easier.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:37 PM
jnsnams
1st Gear Member

i know thats what i have in mine and just like OnyxCobrai didnt have any problems with my install..not trying to argue, just wasnt forsure if you knew they were shorties thats all. i just know that from mine it wasnt that bad and others also that it wasnt that bad ethier..tilting the motor is a good idea too if you get into any problems with install...but the whole thing if his motor mounts are bad than its best to put motor mounts in and do the headers att the same time, and the locking nuts are a plus also cause i lost a couple too..i got locking ones now and all is great...
Old 11-11-2007, 04:56 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

The Drivers side is going to be the hard one. Don't even bother trying to bring it up from the bottom on the drivers side, it will hit the steering shaft. Be ready to unbolt the motor mounts and jack up the motor.
you are a friggin idiot.... there is ONE bolt that holds the steering shaft in place,, unbolt it and swing it out of the way, the drivers side headers goes in from the bottom, passenger side, from the top.

I had to remove my throttle body to get the pass side header in
Old 11-11-2007, 05:05 PM
jnsnams
1st Gear Member

ditto what he said...lol....
Old 11-11-2007, 10:08 PM
OneFastEclipse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

you are a friggin idiot.... there is ONE bolt that holds the steering shaft in place,, unbolt it and swing it out of the way, the drivers side headers goes in from the bottom, passenger side, from the top.

How does that make me a freaking idiot? Because I do it a different way then you makes me a idiot? I believe you are just a jackass. Some people, like myself prefer to stay on top of the car and not on my back trying to fight it up from underneath. You waist your time trying to move the steering shaft, risk snapping a corroded bolt, I'll put it in through the top and not have the hassle.

I'd say your a idiot for having to remove your Throttle body to get the passenger side in. The throttle body was no where in the way for me.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:14 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

How do you unbolt the header to midpipe bolts from the top? That sounds like a huge hassle.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:15 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: OneFastEclipse

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

How does that make me a freaking idiot? Because I do it a different way then you makes me a idiot? I believe you are just a jackass. Some people, like myself prefer to stay on top of the car and not on my back trying to fight it up from underneath. You waist your time trying to move the steering shaft, risk snapping a corroded bolt, I'll put it in through the top and not have the hassle.

I'd say your a idiot for having to remove your Throttle body to get the passenger side in. The throttle body was no where in the way for me.
actually.. it was coming off anyway... I was puting my 70mm on
Old 11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
jnsnams
1st Gear Member

why is he in a mustang forum talking about one fast eclipse??sounds like hes got a few nuts missing, or in some cases hard to get too..back to what i said before...all you have to do is take the old stuff out and drop the new stuff in, whatever way you fell like doing it in this case it seems to work different for some of us, iam 6ft7in tall and prefer to be above the car, its hard for me to be under it but i do know that you have to be under it to get the bolts of the cat/h pipe...if you can get them from the top please send pics of doing that....would love to show them around

Quick Reply: 94 GT BBK Equal Lenght Headers Installation