5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

kenne bell on a 5.0 fox

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

Default kenne bell on a 5.0 fox

is anyone running a kenne bell supercharger on a 5.0 fox body mustang ? need feed back/information on this. what is some of the correct supporting mods to go with it? this is street driven, not just a drag car. let the information begin. thanks.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 PM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

Default RE: kenne bell on a 5.0 fox

same supporting mods associated with any FI, fuel system upgrades, tires,

some will tell you to go turbo, more power, less money, but you can make up your own mind
Old 01-07-2008, 09:51 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

what supercharger & mods are you running? be more specific, size of inj @ given boost, etc, thanks
ORIGINAL: 86 5.0L

same supporting mods associated with any FI, fuel system upgrades, tires,

some will tell you to go turbo, more power, less money, but you can make up your own mind
Old 01-07-2008, 10:14 PM
lxman1
4th Gear Member

Boosta-pump if it doesn't come with the kit. I would also get a 255lph pump. You'll probably need some BFG drag radials too
Old 01-07-2008, 11:13 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

kenne bell makes an upper intake w/ a twin screw supercharger that fits on the GT40 lower, i believe...
Old 01-08-2008, 12:45 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

thanks.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:50 AM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

this is a list of my mods are trick flow twisted wedge,[tfs]h/c/i, [cam is i 221 e 225 @50*,lift int 499 ex510, 112 lobe sep.],accufab adj.fuel pressure reg. & gauge,accufab 65 tb & spacer ,ford motorsports idle air adj.,c&l 76 maf. with pipe,moroso cold air&cone filter,ford motorsports 24 lb.inj. ford motorsports spark plugs& plug wires, tfs.3/8" stud mt.1.6 alumin.adj. roller rockers, tfs. one piece push rods & guide plates,tfs valve covers & oil fill spout,fel-pro gaskets,asp bolts,summit true roller timing set,napa lifetime water pump, alumin.radiator,black majic extreme elec. fan& shroud, msd 6al ignition box,msd coil,msd distributer,mac shorty headers,h-pipe,mac 3" cat back,steeda tri ax shifter,ford motorsport alum. driveshaft & driveshaft saftey loop, full length sub-frame connecters, upper/lower control arms,ford racing [fr]3.73 gears,fr.clutches,fr bearings,fr seals, fr spacers & shims,. the transmission is stock & the 5.0 bottom end is stock.this is all i can think of right now. i have probably made some errors in this but can correct them if needed . is it worth the $$$$$ to have the kenne bell ported/polished ? iwant to run around 8lbs boost.now anyone giving me advece can refer to this list & tell me what needs replacing and with what parts. will provide more information if needed. thanks for your advice, i appreciate it.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:48 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

I have pretty much the same setup you have except i have gt40p's that cam is going to love the kenne bell

I would get the one that mates to the gt40 lower rather than the one that goes on the stock lower...

your probably going to need bigger injectors..ive also seen them on ebay with a blow off valve deal and some without it I think it would be safer with that blow off valve system so you dont over boost when you let off the gas.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:59 PM
crazyhorse
3rd Gear Member

are you pleased with your set up? what would you change if anything if you were doing it again? if you have time please send me a pm of all your mods.thanks.
ORIGINAL: TTGreenSN95

I have pretty much the same setup you have except i have gt40p's that cam is going to love the kenne bell

I would get the one that mates to the gt40 lower rather than the one that goes on the stock lower...

your probably going to need bigger injectors..ive also seen them on ebay with a blow off valve deal and some without it I think it would be safer with that blow off valve system so you dont over boost when you let off the gas.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:35 PM
TTGreenSN95
3rd Gear Member

I dont have a kenne bell but this cam loves nitrous and the kenne bell should do almost the same thing I would have held out and bought alum heads and a steeda #19 I dont think you fox guys have the idle problems we sn95 owners do.

have you ran your car at the track yet what does it run?

Quick Reply: kenne bell on a 5.0 fox