5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

88 GT TTops Project Thread *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 PM
88_cobra
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My 88 GT TTops Project Thread

i bought a really great kit for my 88 t-top through blue oval industries. it came with every peice of weatherstripping needed for the car except for the door plugs by the ends of the window. it ran me $435 but it is worth every penny when you have t tops that leak
Old 03-25-2008, 11:47 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

looks like a pretty big project. Good luck!
Old 03-25-2008, 01:03 PM
stangbanger87
3rd Gear Member

looks like a decent project not to rough but will take some work , 1300 ain't bad i gave 1800 for mine wrecked .let us know how it goes .
Old 03-26-2008, 05:13 PM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

Ordered $145 in parts last night. Lower windshield molding, Radio bezel (install kit), plug for the headlight switch, bumper cover rivets, upper and lower shift boots, and the shifter bezel.

Got the injectors back today, one needed replaced. The total for the pressure test and new rings and stuff was $155. I think $100 of it was labor..

Finally heard from the seller of my broken bumper. Contacted them back trying to find out if I'm able to get a full refund or atleast a replacement.

Got my paint yestderay as well. I got the color Pure White since I wasn't sure what color mine really was. I really wanted to do a full color change to Porsche Red but the guy spraying it doesn't want to do that much work.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

My parts will be here tomorrow and....

I'm getting my engine back tomorrow!! Engine bay should be painted within a week and then I need to get new mounts and the engine is going back in
Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
mustang86
1st Gear Member

good luck with the build. are you going to smooth out the engine bay, get rid of unwanted holes then paint or are you just gonna paint it?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ksranger

I'm getting my engine back tomorrow!! Engine bay should be painted within a week and then I need to get new mounts and the engine is going back in

going with poly mounts? go with Prothane, just as good as energy suspension parts, but a lil cheaper and poly mounts dont wear out like rubber will
Old 03-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Shelty

ORIGINAL: ksranger

going with poly mounts? go with Prothane, just as good as energy suspension parts, but a lil cheaper and poly mounts dont wear out like rubber will
Thanks for the info now I won't have to ask that one

ORIGINAL: mustang86

good luck with the build. are you going to smooth out the engine bay, get rid of unwanted holes then paint or are you just gonna paint it?
I kind of want to but my dad doesn't think I should. I also don't know how to go about that and it will be a lot of extra work. It's probably worth it though.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:42 AM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

Got the engine back I'm about ready to paint the engine bay and after that it's going in

And after seeing the thread about someone smoothing the enginebay/hiding wires, it really makes me want to smooth it and hide some of the wires. I've got plenty of time since it won't be done by April 19th for my prom so yeah. Hopefully it's done by the summer though.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

The engine bay is close to being cleared enough for the paint prep. Should be ready to paint if not painted this weekend. Engine should be mostly assembled and started to be put in by next weekend. Oh yeah, and I'm polishing the valve covers.

Quick Reply: 88 GT TTops Project Thread *pics*