5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

93 Reborn Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:15 AM
Hollister Hoodlum
4th Gear Member

Man and i thought i had my hands full lol... looks like a good project though.

I'll have to post some pics up of mine here in a week or so when i get a little more progress done.

Goodluck with the build, and welcome home !
Old 02-04-2010, 08:07 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

The only thing I am not going to do to the car is have it painted. That is not in my budget or in my time frame. I will be doing some touch up on the outside on the problem areas, the hatch I get if its not the same color, and the engine bay with some of the paint from carquest that they put in a spray can.

On a side note I have been getting the car ready for the 5 lug swap. I swapped out the rear springs the other night and removed the fronts last night. I will be removing the rest of the spindles tonight. I will be removing the front control arms also to clean them up and give them a coat of paint, along with everything else that comes off at some point or another. I have some pics of the before and after but everyone knows what that process looks like but I have to wait till the wife gets them off her camera. I also have some other work completed but I will wait till I get the pics off the camera to bring them into the picture as well.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:12 PM
mendez4047
2nd Gear Member

whoa, I thought my build was heavy duty project, but damn, yours is gonna be a hell of a project! It should be interesting and educative. Good luck man, one more subscriber here!!
Old 02-04-2010, 06:23 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

More pics of the car when I got it....

Old 02-04-2010, 06:44 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

I'm having flashbacks! Except I started with an assembled 4 banger car, then took it down to what you are starting with

Congrats on finally being able to start your build and thank you for serving our great nation
Old 02-04-2010, 07:37 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Current busy work when watching tv. A headlight set that I through together from my brothers extras. Come were coated in some tinting paint but I think all are stock lights. Sanded them with 320 grit then wet sanded with 2000. They came out pretty good so far but are no where near perfect but I am not looking for perfect. Then I used some Plastic X and a drill to polish them up.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:03 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

jesus thats a ton of work!! look forward to the progress.

I also feel like a jerk now for not taking the extra 10min to clean thouse valve covers

sorry mang.

whats the 83 got instore? just a current DD for now and then track car? or wha?
Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 AM
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

Woah buddy,that there is a project,got another subscriber,good luck with it.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:28 AM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Don't worry about it Robert! I still need to clean the oil off the motor anyway so I can throw another coat of paint on it. The 83 is being raped of what parts I need, which isn't much. Just the stuff that I put into it. Then this summer I am taking it back up to Indiana to store or let my brother have something to play with till I get home. Then I will figure something out for it. With the rust that was under the car I didn't feel like taking the time to mess with it while I am here in Texas so it will be my project in a few years. Like I said up top, I am putting the 93 together for my DD so I can take the family around sometimes. BUT I don't think that will happen much because the wife hates my driving lol. I guess it will be just me and the girls then .
Old 02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

too bad your not closer to PA, there was a '93 wild strawberry 4 banger hatch in the local boneyard. thing was almost PERFECT, one spot of rust on it tho, nothing huge, and the glass was excellent with no bubbling tint like you always see

Quick Reply: 93 Reborn Build