5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

What combo to use??? 450 rwhp goal...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:48 AM
OiDALE

Default What combo to use??? 450 rwhp goal...

I will start off by stating all thats done to the motor: Its a 1991 GT, im the third owner-about 60k original miles, stock 2.73 gears which I will keep them (gets great mpg)...I bought it bone stock and now it has:

-bbk cold air into the fender with bbk 75mm tb (also have PP 70mm)
-Professional Products 76/or bigger mm egr spacer
-MSD wires, coil cap and rotor
-Mark 8 electric fan
-3g alternator
-Optima redtop battery
-smog delete but with working a/c
-1" 3/4 long tubes into 3" collector, 3" tubes into pro-chamber, 2" inch pipe into 2 chamber flowmasters with pro-street dumps
-About 120 rwhp nitrous wet shot (drilled egr with NOS fogger)

planning on moving the fogger onto the front side of the upper intake after the egr at one of the opennings for vacum? "Holley systemax"

Not installed:
-Professional Products 70mm TB
-Professional Products 70mm EGR spacer
-C&L 80mm meter calibrated to 30#
-Holley Systemax 2 with spacer (upper and lower)
-24 # and 30 # injectors
-fuel pressure regulator
-Walbro 190 fuel pump
-RPW aluminum rocker arms 3/8 1.7
-Planning on Buying Underdrive pulleys
-Planning on buying MSD 6AL

My question is which combo should I use with my stock motor and heads for right now but will upgrade the heads in the near future adding a cam too. Also down the road I would like to ad a blower in substitude of the nitrous.

My goal would be 400/450rwhp when all is done keeping the lower untouched/stock. But for now I would like to go peice by peice with out spending unneccessary money/backtracking and keeping what I have or selling and getting what I need. The car is and will be a street car, I dont take it to the drag strip I just like having fun on the streets and slapping a confused face on other cars. Would like the power to come on as low as possible and scream up high (remember, I will maintain 2.73 gears) I want her to plant me into the seat at any gear and keep pulling extremely hard, looking for some "g's"

(((The car is completely stock besides everything that I mentioned and the extra parts that I listed. So please tell me if im heading into the right direction or should I "SELL" off certain items to get "WHAT" in there place? Thanks to all that will help...)))

Also, wanted to ad: I have a buddy that will sell me a pair of ported victor SR. heads really cheap but I was thinking why go through the expense and trouble of installing them if I can save a bit more money and buy a very nice set of heads later on...Any thoughts???
Old 10-10-2011, 11:09 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

www.on3performance.com

/thread
Old 10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
OiDALE

I guess all I have to say is WOW!!! Has anyone run these kits that you know of? Sounds like its pretty much complete minus fuel pump, mass air. 42# injectors and a tune...I guess that a new exhaust is in order ( I just had long tubes and custom work done, so that all has to be redone, suck...But, I will definitely look into one of these especially at 1500 to my door.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

MJR46 has installed the kit. IIRC the customers car made 477 hp? It would be best to ask him through a PM though.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
OiDALE

Thanks...
Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 PM
motorman524
MF Informant

My friend has one on his 95 Cobra. BEAST!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:39 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
MJR46 has installed the kit. IIRC the customers car made 477 hp? It would be best to ask him through a PM though.
yup, and 511 on torque on 13 lbs
Old 10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
OiDALE

Where these numbers on a stock car? I have a stock lower and stock heads but will install my Holley systemax 2 along with a 70mm tb, and my 80mm mass with 42# injectors...does that sound about right? I know i also have to get 255 fuel pump, what else is recommended? How did you guys do the exhaust? And what else would i need, ie: msd 6al, cam, etc...?
Old 10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
OiDALE

I really dont want to do a cam at the moment, how about installing the 1.7 rockers that I already have? Also, are th 42# necessary or can I use 36"s just not sure about the size, I really want to make good hp/tq but also would like to mantain mpg's driving normally...I know im asking alot, lol...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:46 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

his has stock e7 heads, lightly ported, f-cam and gt-40 intake, nothing special and 60 lbs inj and a tune, you can never have to much inj when boosting , min have 42's

Quick Reply: What combo to use??? 450 rwhp goal...