5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

I got greedy UPDATE 3/19 it's home!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 302army187
well thats the thing.

head's are o-ringed, and so are the head gaskets. While the block is not, these are still high end gaskets. So my bet is a piston will go before a head gasket will =/

I will be doing the tuning with my anderson PMS. But I will have a wideband, and a log to look back at what happened when I hit it.

I plan on the method of LESS timing, and MORE nitrous. from what I've seen with some of the "big boys" that think a 300shot is small, this is the way to go to save pistons from coming apart.
300 small....lol to them maybe..........anyway, inspected pistons today, they are toast!!! rings were stuck in some of the top ring lands and had to be pryed out, so bent rods, bad pistons and rings and most likely machine work will be needed on block and crank...........= I'm screwed.......lol oh well I only paid 600 for the short block 2 years ago
Old 11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Good thing the 302 is cheap to build
Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

I should have a stock bore block if you need one. it is a roller. if you want to get cheaper I should also have some used forged pistons here also that dont look bad but will need rods or have them resized. or I have a full short block that needs redone. For a fee I would sell you the sort block out of the wifes car if you want to spend some bigger coin also. It should be the last engine you would ever need at that psi + 15 or so added to it. I have a boat load of stuff if you need parts you know that and I aways got that Dart block still on the stand. There is the 331 that is still here also dont know if Mark wants to sell or not but we could always call him. I know you were not looking to spend major $$. Cars you got to love them.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Man, I am sorry to hear about the bad news!!! Similar thing happened to me last year. It gave me an excuse to build a nice lil stroker. Best of luck to you though!!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:38 PM
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

I think I will be the one to say it....

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
I should have a stock bore block if you need one. it is a roller. if you want to get cheaper I should also have some used forged pistons here also that dont look bad but will need rods or have them resized. or I have a full short block that needs redone. For a fee I would sell you the sort block out of the wifes car if you want to spend some bigger coin also. It should be the last engine you would ever need at that psi + 15 or so added to it. I have a boat load of stuff if you need parts you know that and I aways got that Dart block still on the stand. There is the 331 that is still here also dont know if Mark wants to sell or not but we could always call him. I know you were not looking to spend major $$. Cars you got to love them.
call me when you get a chance before monday......you must of had a big dinner or unable to contact me while I was traveling through the boonies this evening..lol
Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by projectresto83
I think I will be the one to say it....

THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS!!!
soon enough Justin..........just been trying to figure out the direction the build will take, I've been bugging the crap out of John/uedlose......local friend that has more than ample knowledge with boosted applications
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
Man, I am sorry to hear about the bad news!!! Similar thing happened to me last year. It gave me an excuse to build a nice lil stroker. Best of luck to you though!!
is your pro bullet 331 a boosted flat top piston motor or dished?? intercooled or non??
Old 11-24-2011, 03:01 PM
NoGo95GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
is your pro bullet 331 a boosted flat top piston motor or dished?? intercooled or non??
It's a stock block, dished(for wedge head), H-beams, Forged crank, main girdle, windage tray, 8:5:1. I am running 16psi, non intercooled; but with AFM Mr. Freeze meth, 42lb'ers, 255lph inline. AFR is steady 10:5:1 when meth kicks in(rich I know). Car runs good and strong.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:06 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by NoGo95GT
It's a stock block, dished(for wedge head), H-beams, Forged crank, main girdle, windage tray, 8:5:1. I am running 16psi, non intercooled; but with AFM Mr. Freeze meth, 42lb'ers, 255lph inline. AFR is steady 10:5:1 when meth kicks in(rich I know). Car runs good and strong.

HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYONE!!!
how do you like the AFM meth kit?? you spray it pre blower I assume?? how often do you fill the bottle?? any pics of the install of the kit?? I've been leaning towards the snow performance stage 2 kit with progressive control due to it's accuracy of metering

Quick Reply: I got greedy UPDATE 3/19 it's home!!