5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

need help turbo mustang install

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM
superduck352

Default need help turbo mustang install

ok first off sorry about bad spelling im slow lol......ok i own a black sn95 1995 ford mustang gt 302 ho compleatly stock mineos well exuast but my questn is exstreemly inporten im hell bent on doing this im not blowing steem up nobodys butt so to the point............[ im gona be boostin my 302 i know the block rateing is 450 to 500 hp and that they do not like high rpm,s stock at least i reseched the top end stock safely can rev to 5200 to 5500 and the botom can safely rev to 6200 to 6500 safely i need second apinions im not chaning my mind im going to be seting msd box too 5500 rev limit to ceep from over reveing to ceep down on vibrashon to ceep from spliting the block im also goin to be usein a self tune computer with laptop i know turbo 302 with stock block its good idea to run a lil rich not too rich but a lil because i know if it goas lean **** blows up from heat i know to tune it but i dont know how much boost the stock heads and block can handel like i said im not gona be revin over 5500 rev limit will stop high rev i have stock cam heads not gt40 ho 215 bone stock block i am going to be aiming for about 435 rwhp with a slite ritch tune so she wont have a eaven slight chance to run lean i have flat top pistens i need to now safe amount of boost to run with evreything but the turbo im usein is a twin spool singel turbo garet turbo 75 trim turbocharger im gona be runin 12 or blelow i feel safe at 5 psi my self but i want to know if anyone has specks for custom tune for computer and how much boost you guys run i have parts not all i have a big *** intercooler and a big turbo but im gona have boost turned down but i need to know limits my stock block can handel as far as boost gos] there is a car like mine wolvaren he owns a 5.0 mustang --->[built]<--- he runs at his top rwhp 1013 rwhp/1132 rwtq at 30 psi twin turbo but i would gravely aprishate any input
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM
g3mustang
3rd Gear Member

5 psi on bone stock heads intake wont get you to your power levels need at lest 10
Old 12-02-2011, 11:22 AM
g3mustang
3rd Gear Member

go on to corral.net they have a turbo section
Old 12-04-2011, 10:31 AM
superduck352

whats the worst that would hapen if i ran 10 psi on stock head drop valve? blow intake gasket or blow head gasket if i have to i can pull heads and install a steel headgasket port heads intake and put stonger rokers on valve train with better pushrods? but and maby do e 303 cam to open up valves a bit i know cutin spark at 5500 may kill power levels a lil but idk what u think on what i just shot out as a guess
Old 12-04-2011, 11:00 AM
superduck352

my bad i read what u said to fast 5 psi will not give me the power i want because the stock heads and intake dont have the best flow so i need at least 10psi to make the power i want....the turbo i have can put out 40 psi if i let it but il end up blowin my engine with that much bosst my thoughts at least so u think 10psi will run safe on engine? being stock and all
Old 12-04-2011, 11:02 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

you can run 10 psi on stock heads no problem. why would it drop a valve? it wont blow head gasket at 10psi if you have your tune on. why only 5500 rpm it can spin higher then that and will last. You really need to do more reading on it you are lost as of now.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:30 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

Where should you buy your turbo kit? on3performance.com
What other mods should you do to support your build? 42# injectors, PMAS MAF (or SCT BA) 255LPH in tank fuel pump.
What should you tune the car with? You shouldn't! Yes, I am about to insult you. Based off what I read in your post, I can confidently say that tuning a forced induction application is going to be WAY over your head. Bring it to a professional. (tow it there)
What cam should I run? I saw you mention an E-303... That would be a bad idea. F-303 if anything, otherwise, just leave it stock.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:04 PM
superduck352

to reply too addermk2 dude its good i dont care if anyone is harsh be honest and too the point bro thank you this is my first boosted projeckt please more info i already know about 42lb injeckters and walbro 255 fule pump already have it in mod list if anyone can tell me how much stock top and botom can handel
Old 12-04-2011, 01:47 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

stock top end wont break at a certain HP, as for the bottom end, there are far too many variables. I've seen stock shortblocks blow out at stock HP, then I've seen people making over 600HP. It's all in the tune, something which I am certain YOU can't handle.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:46 AM
superduck352

next questen is it a bad idea to mount my blowoff valve on my intercooler its a tt inercooler.... im makein it into a singel inercooler yes i know what im doin as far as that goas i was just thinkin if it were an idea to put a blowoff valve on the top where one of the tubes were and i realy realy dont want to make custom exaust so is there anywere i can git evreything from headers to tubrbo to down pipe???

Quick Reply: need help turbo mustang install