5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

1995 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

thats alot of money for hardly any increase in performance...
Old 12-28-2011, 12:45 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AdderMk2
Actually, I was asking you to explain WHY you recommended 14°

Did you get raped by someone last night or something? because you sound awfully butthurt...
Are you really so retarded you dont know when your being a douche bag? Yea.... you just wanted a simple explanation. You were not being a douche bag at all were you? I bet not...
Old 12-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Five0hFox
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Are you really so retarded you dont know when your being a douche bag? Yea.... you just wanted a simple explanation. You were not being a douche bag at all were you? I bet not...
It's just AdderMk2 being AdderMk2, looks like you've been around long enough to know his post style though.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:11 AM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

Fstanggt96, I wouldn't buy those heads if I were you. For an extra few hundred dollars you could get some aftermarket heads that are way better. As for mods, I would admonish you to refrain from going straight into a cam swap. There are plenty of other mods you can do to optimize your engine output. Save the cam swap for later. Besides a bigger cam wont help none when there is no extra air getting to it anyway. Gears, tune up, exhaust, intake, delete some of the accessories, etc etc...
Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
I'm never NOT being a douchebag... so it's pretty easy to know when I AM being one!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:24 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

ALL right, those of us who have been here a while have all meet adder, so lets all try not to get butthurt and play nice.........the two of you (adder/bluebeast) need to keep the chatter to pm's and not mess this guys thread up, thank you, now back to the topic

Last edited by mjr46; 12-28-2011 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Tony71502
5th Gear Member

Why do you want to put IRS in an SN-95?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:08 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mjr46
ALL right, those of us who have been here a while have all meet adder, so lets all try not to get butthurt and play nice.........the two of you (adder/bluebeast) need to keep the chatter to pm's and not mess this guys thread up, thank you, now back to the topic
My bad I didn't know there was special rules for Adder. I'm thinking about changing my reply style to a bunch of insults to everyone. I hope nobody mines sinse I've also been on this forum a while.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:14 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

If I may interject on the little tiff between Add and beast I must say it is quite entertaining. But this is the internet and you can't see a persons facial expressions or body language when they type something. Adder has a shop (or so I've been led to believe) and deals with customers all the time (or so I've been led to believe) so I'm sure that if he talks to his customers the way he types, his body language or facial expressions compensates and lets people know that he's not seriously being rude or disrespectful with them. Otherwise he'd have the most unsuccessful business ever. I've been to shops where the owners or managers talked certain ways but you could tell by their gestures or emphasis that they were just joking or being silly. Without that personal face-to-face communication element online it is easy to get offended when someone says something. Heck how many times have we all had to retype something over and over again so it didn't sound like we were being rude? One time I spent 30 minutes re-typing 1 sentence because I didn't want another member to think I was offended by something they said, haha...Adder just chooses not to do this is all, haha!! But all in all bluebeastsrt and AdderMk2 are both cool as hell (if I can get away with cursing in this context), we're all frequent members, I can see why beast would get offended when he was just offering some very good and track proven advice, and I'm sure Adder wasn't intentionally being offensive. Now let's all have some warm milk and cookies and play nice, haha!!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:22 PM
DeathRattle
2nd Gear Member

BTW, I wasn't condoning anyone or the way anyone speaks to people. And it was really good to see that beast offered info that he was able to prove based on experience and testing. Some people just give advice when they don't know if it will actually work but at least blue actually spent time testing and notating the differences in the changes he made to his timing. That is impressive and remarkable. BTW beast, how often are you at ATCO?

And OP, if you're on a budget I'd say look into some Flo-Tek heads. You can get them for about the same price as the heads from C-list you posted. And maybe a Ford letter cam for now. That combo will give you some nice extra power, it won't break your bank flow, and you can plan some future mods as you get more experience and knowledge...

Quick Reply: 1995 Mustang GT