5.0L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 5.0L Mustangs.

Return to the track after 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

there is a local guy with a new 50 that has been smacking everyone in town right now well the average guys I should say. he smacked a 331 stroker over on 40 a couple weeks ago and then there was a 640 HP GTO at the cone zone last Fri. who got butt hurt when the Stang smacked him. Well someone is full of **** the Mustang my son seen it put down 444 HP at the tire it is tuned with long tubes and CAI and exhaust that is it and it runs 11.60 so they say I am starting to think he has a shot hid on the car LOL. With all the butt he has been kicking I mean there has been more also. things are getting very interesting later at night at the cone zone.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:18 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
there is a local guy with a new 50 that has been smacking everyone in town right now well the average guys I should say. he smacked a 331 stroker over on 40 a couple weeks ago and then there was a 640 HP GTO at the cone zone last Fri. who got butt hurt when the Stang smacked him. Well someone is full of **** the Mustang my son seen it put down 444 HP at the tire it is tuned with long tubes and CAI and exhaust that is it and it runs 11.60 so they say I am starting to think he has a shot hid on the car LOL. With all the butt he has been kicking I mean there has been more also. things are getting very interesting later at night at the cone zone.
I'll run him.......if he starts to pull on me, I flip the switch...lol, if I get beat even after that, so be it..lol there's always someone faster with more money, oh and that ls, my buddy claims has 501 at the rear tire??? I gotta call you soon, on all my runs at the track the dip stick was popping up and I have a dual catch can set up as well as I put new rings in when it was apart.

Last edited by mjr46; 05-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:37 PM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Maybe time for a EVAC system. I am putting one on our car this time valve cover to the exhaust somewhere. They say you cant run muffles with them but I have seen a good many turbo cars running mufflers with the kit so I bought the stuff to do it. if don't work you will know LOL. Maybe your stuff just has not sealed up yet did you hone the block any? What rings did you go with? I am kind of concerned about the same thing with ours sealing up with just a bead hone job and Hell fire rings. If it don't seal it wont be safe out my way for weeks and I am gone to sell the junk if I don't burn it first..
Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by uedlose
Maybe time for a EVAC system. I am putting one on our car this time valve cover to the exhaust somewhere. They say you cant run muffles with them but I have seen a good many turbo cars running mufflers with the kit so I bought the stuff to do it. if don't work you will know LOL. Maybe your stuff just has not sealed up yet did you hone the block any? What rings did you go with? I am kind of concerned about the same thing with ours sealing up with just a bead hone job and Hell fire rings. If it don't seal it wont be safe out my way for weeks and I am gone to sell the junk if I don't burn it first..
sell?? what's that ??..lol
Old 05-09-2013, 12:59 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Great runs! Glad to see the 4 eye back on the track.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:58 AM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Great runs! Glad to see the 4 eye back on the track.
thanks, I got some work to do to it still, It still isn't where I feel it should be, gotta tune the combo in a few ways
Old 05-13-2013, 12:35 AM
tinman
5th Gear Member

You can use a crankcase EVAC system with a race type muffler, you just won't get 100% of the effect. You'll have maybe 90%.
I know, I used one for years back in my MOPAR days......
Old 05-13-2013, 09:12 AM
uedlose
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tinman
You can use a crankcase EVAC system with a race type muffler, you just won't get 100% of the effect. You'll have maybe 90%.
That's good to hear. I will be trying them on mine gone to do one valve cove first then move to doing both if need be.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:30 PM
mjr46
D.R. THE PATHETIC DORK

Originally Posted by tinman
what do you consider a race type muffler??
Old 05-14-2013, 04:21 AM
holyshift
3rd Gear Member

I use a header evac on my car with x pipe and a straight thru design muffler,ideally a vacuum pump is the better solution.Mj hose that thing with your current gear,might as well if its there,also I only run 93 in my car with timing locked at 34 with my box pulling 5 degrees at the hit and 5.75psi fuel pressure....results are below. Have talked extensively with the best in the business in N20 and fuel. Mixing fuels can cause false readings on spark plugs when spraying,not saying I disagree with mixing fuel,but if your trying to get a good read on a fresh set,it ain't gonna happen.

Quick Reply: Return to the track after 2 years